Wine Throwing Unhandled Page Fault

I am unable to launch any application with wine. I get the following errors no matter what application I launch WARNING: radv is not a conformant vulkan implementation, testing use only. wine: Unhandled page fault on execute access to 0000000000000000 at address 0000000000000000 (thread 00b4), starting debugger... I have been experiencing this all week. This happens with any version of wine whether it is proton, lutris, system wine.

Wine 6.3 / 6.3 staging?
If so - skip it, it have serious bug.

1 Like

It happens with 6.3, any lutris wine and proton-GE. It is fine with standard proton.

I mean the system one, try to downgrade it - pretty sure it’ll be fine

1 Like

I just tried that and it does not fix the issue.

1 Like

After some more exploration with the settings, it looks like applications that do not run with dxvk are working and official proton. The page fault error only appears with dxvk.

1 Like

Tried changing dxvk version in Lutris?
Maybe latest have problems for your GPU

1 Like

None of the dxvk versions seem to work. I tried cloning it from github and it was launching but hanging in the loading. So I tried to reverting to one of the lutris versions and now that app does not even launch without dxvk anymore.

1 Like

I managed to fix it by cloning dxvk and installing that one. The latest release as well as the previous ones all throw the error. Wine 6.3 seems to have issues to as one of my apps not needing dxvk was not working properly with it (black screen). Using lutris wine 5.7 and dxvk from the master branch seems to work fine as of now. I also had to remake the prefix of some applications as it seemed broken even when doing that. Sigh 2h30 of raiding and 6h30 of homework turned into 9 hours of troubleshooting. That is what we call the adventures of arch eh.