Windows 11 Thoughts!

I think I’ll skip using it… :wink:

3 Likes

Stay tuned! They play the long game, maybe we’ll find out in Windows 12

3 Likes

I haven’t tried it. My gaming PC is my other machine and it runs Windows 10. I’d like to run Windows 11 on it but unfortunately my Ryzen 7 2700Xis not compatible for the update. I’m not going to spend at least 550 dollars on a new 5700X and a motherboard just to update when the performance of my current CPU is still pretty damn good.

I could try it on my Thinkpad which would qualify on a virtual machine, but I only use my Windows VM on my laptop to run INPA and nothing else so not worth the effort.

2 Likes

Did an in place upgrade from 10 to 11 on my separate Windows drive. Bypass TPM and have a very old 10 year AMD CPU. All software works as normal.

Yes there is a warning about future updates being denied. I guess I’ve only kept the windows drive as something useful but never used.

What a waste of hardware around the world putting such strict requirements when it runs perfectly fine with it. Greta would be upset.

This script bypasses TPM and downloads Windows 11 official

1 Like

Let’s be real, the goal is not to extinguish Linux, but rather make people stay on Windows as a general work environment, instead of have people leave for Linux. Linux is simply a tool they added to Windows, so people don’t have to leave Windows in order to get all the tools they need.

Linux will stay as it is and Windows a.) can’t do much about that and b.) will make Linux tools easier accessible to the people who want to use them. I have no idea what people actually think will happen to Linux in the long run because of WSL. Windows was the main OS for most people for the last decades and Linux still developed incredibly well.

1 Like

I recall having heard:

The Universe bends towards Justice.

Stay tuned!

Ya, Windows will be Windows. I’ve been running pre-release versions of Windows 11 for a while now on a dedicated machine and it’s OK for me. WSL2 with GUI support is nice.

Now that it is officially released, I want to upgrade a laptop that dual boots Windows 10 and EndeavourOS, without secure boot enabled. Curious, for folks that say they “disabled” Windows 11 TPM / Secure boot requirements, did anyone use techniques described in this article? I saw the script posted by QAP, I might try that as well…

thanks!

1 Like

You do realize that may take an infinite amount of time? I’ve heard the Universe is a pretty big place. :wink:

2 Likes

Perhaps we might learn of the extinction of the Linux kernel by the hands of Microsoft before that
Maybe then the Justice will have been served!?
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

zero thought on matter. Same :poop: different face .

3 Likes

That was at least one thought :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :blush: :innocent:

1 Like

Downloaded the iso today to run it in a Vbox.
It didn’t work, thank god… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Downloaded the iso today to run it in a Vbox.
It didn’t work, thank god… :sunglasses:

Same with VMware.

Im going to install win11 when the sun be purple. Never.

2 Likes

Microsoft declared not so long ago that Windows 10 would be the last and final version. Now look what has happened. They truly are the Lords of Indecision and inconsistency! :rofl:

I’d rather do Gnome than Windows 11! :wink:

5 Likes

But win 11 is similar to kde :joy:

I have to agree, and that ain’t happening either! I did use Gnome for a while, and it was good for productivity but I really didn’t like the environment: not enough freedom to make it my own for me. Windows? Forget it. I have to admit though that Microsoft did set the benchmark with Office. Probably their only real success. Good software. Windows as a DE really sucks though.

Not even close! Windows is nothing compared to KDE!

Edit: If you are going to use Gnome you might as well do buntu. That’s what Gnome is!

1 Like

Similar to KDE? Here in Britain we have a word to reply to that assumption: Bollocks! :laughing:

2 Likes