Windows 11 - Leaked

I’m so glad I don’t use Windows anymore. My EndeavorOS box works so reliably it’s boring. It’s really nice to be able to be bored sometimes.

1 Like

It looks surprisingly like KDE. I think the devs spent a lot in linux while working on WSL

3 Likes

haha, if it feels like plasma I will call it so. nitpicking and showing that padding is in no way the same, and transparency is not used everywhere, etc, just says: this is not Plasma. I know. nobody said windows is using plasma. I couldn’t care less about the dissection of each and every aspect of the design.
My first impression however was “this feels like plasma… and maybe some sprinkle of deepin?”. So that’s what I called it.

2 Likes

lol no one says it’s the actual KDE Plasma or 100% copying, but when most of ppl see that, they think about KDE Plasma ro deepin.
idk what word describe it perfectly, but IMO its inspired heavily by one of those

A bicycle can “feel” like a car, if you stop “nitpicking” like counting wheels or an engine. Of course in realm of “feels” everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Nothing much left to talk about.

That’s it! And I know that I will NEVER have to worry about what problems the Microsoft lemmings have with their snooping boxes again. In my case, it’s been a little over five years since I last saw this monkey circus (to fix someone’s virus-infested box). In this respect, I don’t care about Windows 11, 12, 13, 532, etc… past. It’s bad enough that so many people (have to) deal with it. And if I then still think WHOM! (Gates and Consorts) this Windows has made so immeasurably rich, then I could puke!

Sorry, but I had to get rid of that now …

We’ll know more as it comes out - The desktop looks very deepin to me.

I will admit - if it works very much like Plasma - I will be EXTREMELY happy when I’m stuck at work and actually have to use that garbage. I will still be upset about all of Microsoft telemetry nonsense - but at least I’ll likethe UI.

5 Likes

I find it ironic that people are saying that the new “version” of Windows looks like Plasma. Back around 2009, one could actually run Plasma on WIndows. At the time, I was very bored, and tried it out. It was okay. It was just as buggy as KDE 4 was at the time.

https://www.linuxjournal.com/magazine/kde-4-windows

when i saw the first microsoft in its time i thought WOW but when i found out that one can not trust microsoft. then i tried linux and never go back to microsoft

2 Likes

whoa there:) engine and wheels is not nitpicking. that’s major differences. I’m talking about look and feel, and find arguments like there’s a bit more padding here nitpicking.

Space (e.g. padding), shapes, color (and transparency), fonts, … are the basic elements which constitutes the UI. These then enable different pattern to solve a problem.

Let’s say you want to communicate that the UI-elements A and B belong together or have different areas of concern. One approach could be draw a rectangle around them or draw a dividing line. Another approach is putting them close together or moving them further apart.

Measure e.g. padding vs lines is not nitpicking but an analytic approach evaluating how the UI is constructed. So while something might trigger a “same look and feel” there can be completely different tools and goals at play.

It looks like an alligator, it sounds like an alligator, it bites like an alligator… It may very well be a crocodile but since I am a layman (and I do not know the difference) I will call it alligator anyway. :crocodile:
For me the same logic can be applied to UI design. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve been using Windows since 3.0 and I learned early on that settlers live much happier lives than pioneers. Allowing pathfinders to walk over the landmines well ahead of me enabled me to avoid ME, 8, and Vista. Unfortunately I wasn’t vigilant enough to save my elderly mother from almost drowning in the ME morass and both of my sons still carry scars from the Vista horror show (they were both fanatic PC gamers). I’ll eventually get around to upgrading to 11…a year or two after everyone else!

My self I have run every version of Windows that ever came out. Dos, win3.1 Win95 all editions, Win98 all editions, & I actually used ME and didn’t have that many issues with it although it was short lived as it really wasn’t very good. Vista 32 bit was a disaster and i ran 64 bit vista with no issues. XP 64 bit was one of the better versions and so was Windows 7. Windows 2000 was also pretty good. Windows 8 sucked and then Windows 8.1 was much better. Windows 10 really sucked when it first came out for 1-2 years. It’s much better now although i have given up on Microsoft as my daily driver. Win 11 doesn’t do anything for me. As far as I’m concerned Windows needs a total rewrite …start over. Different software … 30 years of the same! I’m over it! It’s just another Windows with a new name.

4 Likes

Strangely enough, I had ME, and it was the first Win version I ever had that I didn’t have to reboot every day - I once ran 2 weeks trouble-free. As far as I could tell, they botched the memory allocation/recovery routines, and maybe didn’t want to admit it - because I ran little utility that would free up RAM whenever asked, and the whole thing was stable - definitely a first for MS! Back in the day I played 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.11 etc, so I had some comparisons to judge by!

1 Like

I don’t know about happier - but definitely easier. Some pioneers love the adventure.

And if we’ve learned anything at all from Windows - Since 10 has been around a while and seems to be doing well - 11 is basically guaranteed disaster. The next iteration after a “good” release has been awful for Microsoft every time. IE - ME, Windows 8 which almost immediately ended up being 8.1 (8 + a start menu),

2 Likes

Windows 10 is copying Linux and I hope the trend continues for 11. Yesterday I opened a command prompt, typed “winget install crystaldiskinfo” and hit enter. It installed in a few seconds with no fuss whatsoever. MS already caved on the Edge browser and went Chromium-based. Maybe they will cave on the Linux kernel too some sunny day? Windows 11 Cinnamon Edition has a nice ring to it.

I don’t want Microsoft to have anything to do with Linux. What i would prefer is to have major hardware manufacturers step up to the plate and start offering Linux distros on their hardware and start supporting open source! There are some but i’m talking on a larger scale with major vendors.

6 Likes

You had better stop using LInux then - they are like top dog contributor to the Linux Foundation.

2 Likes