Which DE are you using?

I’ve tried to get rid of the bells and whistles. Right now, I don’t run any compositor. I do have a bar.

But whenever I need to stream my screen to friends/ class, I make sure picom is running with heavy blur effects, over-blown shadows and I crank up the gaps in i3. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, Krohnkite is wonderful - it’s a good idea to make a list of all those keyboard shortcuts and stick them in a conky on the desktop for a while. With Activities/Desktops and ‘Maxmize to new virtual desktop’ kwin script it’s wonderful.

Make sure you find out how to enable the settings in there…

mkdir -p ~/.local/share/kservices5/ ln -s ~/.local/share/kwin/scripts/krohnkite/metadata.desktop ~/.local/share/kservices5/krohnkite.desktop

Has anyone shilled for DWM on this thread yet?

3 Likes

I may have, either here or in some other thread. I really like dwm.

The two reasons I use KDE is the fact that I really like Konsole, the terminal emulator and Kate, the text editor. Now, I can use Konsole and Kate on dwm, as well, but to install them I need to install a hundred KDE dependencies anyway, so at that point, I may as well just use KDE.

4 Likes

I generally switch between Budgie (good-looking, simple) and MATE (tweakable, lightweight).
I’m currently on EndeavourOS+Budgie, but I was on EndeavourOS+MATE before the latest ISO.

For “Other” :

• I love Openbox, for example as implemented in BunsenLabs.
  • Pantheon is probably the DE I prefer, but it’s better looking on its mother distro (elementary OS)
  • I love to test new DE’s. Cutefish looks cool (but is still unfinished).

dwm is real deal, it suck less! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Cinnamon here :computer:

Xfce is always my fallback DE, but if I can get Cinnamon set up the way I like it then I stick with that.

Gnome 40, that’s my favorite
I Had used Windows, Mac & Linux

UI Design Rank

Gnome 40 (Linux) > Mac > Windows

1 Like

Loved this Poll

@Bryanpwo i would love to see many polls threads in this forum

2 Likes

After the last week with EOS Xfce, I’m back to EOS Plasma. :grin:

Last few weeks I am on KDE, but thinking about Bspwm :slight_smile:

On my Gaming Laptop only EOS Cinnamon.
And on my litle office notebook with openSUSE, Pantheon (the elementary os DE) and cinnamon.

3 Likes

plasma is nicer graphically as well as for more intuitive use. :+1:

counts bspwm and xmonad? :roll_eyes:

:joy: :joy:

3 Likes

We need new poll for WM xD

5 Likes

I use i3wm a lot.

But then my job needs me to share the screen for presentation. I have a thought that if I use i3wm, my co-worker will think I’m a hardcore. So I use Cinnamon, customize it to make it elegance. Then I notice it start weird with my dual monitor setup, so I change to KDE. It only a few months since I use KDE, so far I love it, there’s so many options.

Can’t get enough KDE? :+1:

Edit:

3 Likes

Back to :enos: Xfce. At least I’m only DE hopping, rather than distrohopping :clown_face:

4 Likes

I find the main reason for DE hopping is something that irritates the )(*&^ out of you. This is why I keep ending up with XFCE - it may not do everything, but it doesn’t seem to do anything WRONG either :grin:

Of course, this is after CSD is cancelled out
3 Likes

Yes, libxfce4ui-nocsd is essential.