What's your hardware setup? Lets see those rigs!

Just add more fans. ALL the fans. Purple fans. Or maybe red? Because “Red ones go fastah”. You know, more bang for the buck :wink:

2 Likes

Red fans with red stripes?

2 Likes

lol, that’s for kids :rofl:

I have only x2 140mm fans (water on CPU) in a gigantic tower with perfect airflow, since i care about silence :slight_smile:

btw, i’ve noticed that 140mm fans are perfect in terms of noise, anything higher or lover either sounds like space ship or vibrate too hard even with rubber stuff around.

1 Like

This is my usual toss around computer. It’s been my distro hopper, my computer to break and learn on. It travels with me, it’s my work computer if I need one. I bought it with a broken toplid from a local. Replaced the toplid for $100. It’s my favorite computer I’ve ever owned. I LOVE the keyboard. I don’t think after owning this, I will buy another computer that isn’t a thinkpad.

Lenovo Thinkpad 3rd Gen X1 Carbon 14" with the 3k touchscreen
16GB RAM
500GB SSD
Arch KDE

20200827_063603

9 Likes

Wow, that’s enough power to launch a rocket!
Why do you need such a powerhouse?

1 Like

Dell inspiron 5423 14z → has the whole time of Antergos complete 2014-2019 and now, the warrior’s rest, only comes out when I travel, I adore it. :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
D

5 Likes

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X on X570
RAM: 2x 16GB DDR4-3333
GFX: AMD 5700
Storage: two Samsung Pro, one Samsung Evo
Tower: very large, very empty and mostly silent :wink:

EDIT: fun fact, the tower is so empty that I can put my laptop in there as well…

7 Likes

This is going to sound dumb considering I have 9 Corsair LL120 RGB fans and a Commander Pro, but I am not a fan of RGB at all. When I first started this build, I was looking for a case that was easy to build in, and easy to make upgrades to since I always am swapping out hardware to the latest. Then when I decided on that case, I was looking at pictures of other people that had built in the same case and it just seemed to look strange without any lighting. But knowing what I know now, I will never ever do another build with RGB ever again if I can help it.

I’m just simply a PC hardware nerd, and a former competitive overclocker turned casual overclocker, so I always like to have the latest and greatest.

4 Likes

That is great actually :slight_smile:
Always good to have feedback from people with state of the art hardware.
I stopped overclocking when I bricked two mainboards and/or processors. One of these processors now serves as a key fob :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Quiet until the turbo fan setting kicks in! :laughing:

1 Like

And at home at my stand up desk. Ye old faithful (although I think both computers are technically from 2015).

It’s my superstable home computer. I don’t change much of anything on this. I update, everything works. I don’t mess with anything. It’s where I pay bills, calendar, and no major nonsense. This is the “save my ass” computer.

Dell Inspirion 15 7548.
Arch Cinnamon
500 GB Samsung Evo SSD
16 GB Viper Ram
1TB Sabrent External m.2 SSD
4TB WD easy store External
Microsoft Mouse
1988 National Geographic world map

Titleist ultra light golf bag
Oddyssey Toulon Azalea
Ping drivers/woods
Titleist oil can vokey wedges
20200827_090130

Screenshot from 2020-08-27 10-05-52

3 Likes

Nice @Othoric, I’m just a jealous guy, like Bryan Ferry. :wink:

I agree! This is my first Build with RGB lighting and i wouldn’t do it this way again. I would probably just use led fans where i want one if i even do.

1 Like

Sounds like you need a bigger laptop.

1 Like

Or a smaller tower :slight_smile:
Well it’s good for air flow.

My “tower”

Raspberry pi 4 4gb. Not much bigger than my mouse. I’m the exact opposite of you hahahaha.

20200827_092437

10 Likes

Maybe I can fill the tower with a couple of Raspis :slight_smile:

There you go! Setup, your own server, INSIDE your current computer. . .

4 Likes

Very good idea actually!

Did you make that case yourself?
For your Raspy.