What PassWord Manager in ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ forever and ever

Well, I did find some topics on the forum, went through the list on the wiki and saw the “ranking” (is that relevant) in the AUR, but I wanted to ask (for a friend whose password manager has a known security vulnerability in one of his dependancies):

What password manager do you use? (if any… but you do, right?)

Cheers !

Using KeepassXC, because keepass is available on any platform, and I don’t trust cloud based password managers.

7 Likes

same same

same here.

I use KeepassXC.

2 Likes

KeepassXC and sync it via Syncthing to devices where I need it. 3 Laptops & 2 mobiles

5 Likes

I use Bitwarden. Yes, I trust the company (I don’t know why …)

2 Likes

I use KeePassXC, too.

I wouldn’t use Bitwarden or any proprietary system, and especially programs that store data on other people’s computers (that’s what “cloud” actually is, other people’s computers).

2 Likes

Another vote for KeepassXC. My vault is synced up to my NAS for backup, alongside other redundant immutable backup options. Bitwarden’s been really good for website authentication, I’d rather keep my passwords complex and have them protected with 2FA as the failsafe.

1 Like

Keepass for me.

2 Likes

No to all 1Password is the best one! Has the best apps(on all devices) and Supreme security! And very user friendly and easy to use.
I have used it for years! It’s great!

And IF it must be open source Bitwarden as a strong 2nd.

And keep FAR away from LastPass!(it’s NOT secure)

1 Like

I use Bitwarden. It works well enough for my needs.

3 Likes

I use Bitwarden.

4 Likes

I use KeepassXC for Desktop and KeepassDX for Android. Both are binary files and work like blackbox.

I have forced both password managers into offline mode. My specific firewall rules are configured to never allow them and their third-party applications to connect to the network, as I am cautious about updating fake password manager in future without notice.

2 Likes

endeavourOS duh…

3 Likes

A long time ago I’ve set up pass. I have never had a need to switch to another password manager.
At work I just use keepassxc.

3 Likes

why is 2024 even relevant to ‘good password manager’ question??
go with the one that always worked for you.

keepassxc never bit me. I got rid of the browsing extension because its not clear the keepassxc people maintain and I cut and paste from the password manager all primitive and stuff.

second reason is …,kdbx vault files are flexible you can use them in other PW managers too.

1 Like

It’s probably a good idea not to use it, but this one is official. It’s linked to from the KeePassXC page, and the donation button goes to Janek Bevendorff, a.k.a. phoerious, one of the developers of KeePassXC.

5 Likes
1 Like

Thank you for pointing to. That really works with Firefox. Just installed the extensions and tried it. It looks very comfortable.

1 Like

OP is curious? Maybe he is new to this space? Why exactly are you borderline hostile or am I misreading this?

EDIT: I guess my question to this guy is funny for some, huh. Have fun, I guess.

2 Likes