What is your favorite dish?

What is that? I mean what type of fish? Is it raw? Are those diced onions?

Yup . Lot’s of that around , and cheappppp ! Unfortuantely nothing else is really cheap when you earn baht … :rofl:

1 Like

Skinned heart-attack! :grinning:

1 Like

It is salted, raw herring and it’s something you either love or hate, there’s no road in-between. I love it!

4 Likes

Yeah that’s something we don’t see (a lot) on our side of the border :slight_smile:
Personally it’s not my thing, but everytime I go to Zeeland, to the fishmarket in Breskens, I’m amazed at how much of the stuff you guys eat!

I like to go there for some kibbeling or calamares (not the linux installer kind) :yum:

5 Likes

That’s something I’d give a go to. I love fish in all its forms.

1 Like

similar to Grünkohl mit Pinkeln from North of Germany:

9 Likes

We call it ‘savooistoemp’ over here, and more often than not we add little bits of bacon

savooistoemp

7 Likes

Favourite dish? why, Smalahove of course.
And no, not just to excite the tourists. We actually had smalahove every thursday in the autum following slaughter when I grew up, for as long as the supply would last.

The small glass beside the beer would be Akkevit. Aqua Vitae, the water of life.

Ahh…!!

6 Likes

Makes me think of my late grandfather, he loved to eat cooked rabbit-heads…
He grew up shortly after WW2, and because he grew up in poverty, he never wasted anything from a slaughtered animal :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very similar Italian dish:

1 Like

I start with lamb boneless sirloin chops.
lamb

Then I give them a good coat of extra virgin olive oil so the Red Eye Express rub sticks to the chops.

RedEye-8oz

I let the chops sit for about 20 min to 1/2 hour while I prepare the Big Green Egg.
Just before the chops are put on the grill, I put in 2 or 3 pieces of Alder wood or Pecan wood to provide smoke.

Smoke at 300 F at the edges of the grill to provide indirect heat for about 25 to 30 minutes, and pull them at 140 to 145 F center temp.

Mmmm good.

6 Likes

thats Savoy cabbage:

instead of Kale (Boerenkool)

5 Likes

officially: yes, you are absolutely right :slight_smile:
but in my dialect, they often get intermixed :wink:

so wether the dish contains kale or savoy, it’ll still be called savooistoemp by a lot of people, while some others just call it ‘stamppot’ over here. In my household, it’s all savooistoemp

Sounds great. That would be called “soul food” too, right? Like the link @BONK gave us described that sausage as “good for your soul” as well. In the end, it’s also important to allow oneself something from time to time :wink:

edit: you could eat something healthy afterwards, to silence the conscience :grin: … like:

…embracing your health", hahaha

Personally, i like Asian food (as well as a lot of other nationalities), so i cooked something from “the far east” this time:

6 Likes

Crikey those are a lot of money. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Yup, but you buy one and you’re done. Most components, including all ceramic parts, are guaranteed for life. I’ve had mine for at least twelve years, probably closer to fifteen years, and all I have done to it so far is replace the seals once between the bottom section and top.

I bought my set up for $750 back then, today it would be between $1000 and $1100. The biggest problem for you would be shipping across the pond. Just the Big Green Egg itself weighs 162 pounds.

Pudge

3 Likes

IMG_20201025_135158

7 Likes

Duck-leg with kale and dumplings… :blush:
IMG_20201101_124052

12 Likes

Steak with vegetable and french fries… :yum:IMG_20201220_145714_532

6 Likes