What do you guys and gals prefer to use as your daily driver

cinnamon is also built from gnome isn’t it?

deepin is based on plasma atm
but yeah there are a lot of DE’s and WM’s out there - SO I included the biggest as many are built from them and I put stacking wm’s as one and tiling the same - even though I can probalby menation 70 wm’s

ahwel but is not fluently based… in my opinion… stil has some gschemas & settings etc… i dont know really but current deepin is a evolution i think stil has some internal passages as het comes on gtk.

yeah I know earlier versions were gtk based but from what I’ve seen on the latest release the y switched to using Kde is their base - nuy yeah it 's not the regular KDE - I think they have taken part of it and mixed it with other stuff. so hybrid isn’t bad. It still look really good tho

Cinnamon is GTK3 but it’s not Gnome, although GTK is a project run by Gnome.

1 Like

deepin had also a htlm5 version but never goes through :slight_smile:

1 Like

save to say is gnome based, lot components are comes from gnome…

edit : different then budgie , cinnamon is complete fork

cinnamon is gnome based - at least it used to be

I use Mate … can that be added to the poll? :smiley:

matelinux

7 Likes

I ticked KDE Plasma and XFCE because I use both. although on different machines. I suppose my number 1 daily driver is Plasma, at least for the moment. :dizzy_face:

sorry it should have been actually - but tbh I see mate as gnome 2

Poor LXQT… :joy:

1 Like

Thanks, but I don’t like Gnome, and it’s not actually Mate; even visually it’s entirely different. Gnome carried on with other things, and did I mention I really don’t like Gnome. :rofl: Mate’s a DE in it’s own right, and very popular. At the least, the poll needs to include the options for install that Endeavour gives.

2 Likes

does it have a big user base tho?
tbh I totally forgot about it - but isn’t that just a window manager - openbox?

Poor Razor Qt and LXDE! :wink:

well we cant include everything - like I wrote earlier - I can name 70++ window managers only

what I meant MAte came as a result of Gnome 2 dissapered. So I see MAte as Gnome 2 - but if I had rememberd it sure deserves a spot in the poll - no doubt so that’s on me

LXDE is basically just openbox with some other stuff

Thanks :slight_smile: Including the options Endeavour gives for install could give a truer and interesting picture. Not sure if poll posts can be edited though.

True, I tried replacing Openbox with Fluxbox in LXDE and there wasn’t much left!

1 Like