What do EOS-users drive?

I’ve never seen that Yota before here in europe but I love it. The Vito, another story. I guess there’s many of them because they work and dont break! hahaha

1 Like

How are you finding Dacia? I would love a more detailed review! My father is absolutely in love with them. He shares my views and dislike towards most modern cars where you can’t feel you’re driving. Also my mechanic friend said they’re super solid engine-wise

1 Like

I’ve driven it just shy under 1500 kilometres, so far I’ve loved every second of it.

You can definitely feel that you’re driving the car as it reacts nicely to all input (acceleration, braking, etc).
The steering wheel / column dampens road bumps just enough that they are not overwhelming, but not so much that you don’t actually feel what you are driving on.

I went for the 0.9 TCE petrol Prestige version (highest equipment package), 90HP. It’s plenty of power / acceleration for overtaking.
In city driving, the board computer shows an average of 7.5 - 8 litres of petrol per 100km driven, while on open roads it can get as low as 4.5 - 5 litres (when driving at around 80 - 90 km/h)

The car feels stable, although it’s quite taller than your average road car so there is a bit more “leaning” when making sharp turns (such as driving in roundabouts).
The car being a bit taller also gives you a better overview of the cars and road ahead.

Interior of the car is nice, I like the way that it looks though it is not a modern interior by today’s standards at all.
This is where you can definitely notice the cost cutting, as the plastics do feel / look cheaper than some “premium” brand cars and can creek a bit when it’s cold outside. I don’t mind / notice the cheaper plastics at all.

One of the reasons that I went for this model, besides really digging the way it looks as sort of a mini SUV, is the fact that, from what I’ve read and heard from people, Dacias are incredibly reliable and easy to maintain.
I’ve even read that AutoExpress did a survey where Dacia were placed third on the reliability / affordability scale:

AutoExpress Driver Power survey of 2016 but Dacia in third place for dependability , with a score of 96.17 out of 100. … Both the Duster and Sandero receive an average of 87.83% on AutoExpress, with the reliability coming in as the highest ranking.

The one thing I wish was offered is electronically foldable mirrors, even though the mirrors are heated and controlled via a joystick you still have to fold them manually.

Let me know if you’d like me to comment on anything else particulary.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention the best part of it all, the MediaNav system runs on Linux :smiley:
Just found out about it recently.

Does your father currently own a Dacia?

My daughter is a hunt seat rider. Usually we haul her 16.3h American Warmblood mare

and used to also bring along this 16.3h Thoroughbred gelding but it’s been a while since she’s been riding him.

5 Likes

I drive a small, lightweight car. Anything above 1.2 metric tons is a lorry.
4-cylinder longitudinal high revving engine, no turbo.
In some way “Arch on wheels” :wink:

Needless to say that I’m a fan of old British roadsters, old Mini Coopers, Lotus Elise, and recently the new Alpine. Unfortunately I own neither of these.

1 Like

Still can’t locate my pictures of my ‘beast’ - so here’s an idea of what it looks like (innocuous, no?)
2.5gt

A slight improvement, along with blackout wheels…
grille

2 Likes

auto

Since this picture I have upgraded the head light units to full LED ones. So much better when driving at night.

koplamp

Again, incredible lighting without blinding others.

4 Likes

Yeah, didn’t see any Granvias in Europe when I was there, but the UK is quite fond of them, because they are right hand drive, and pretty reliable, although gutless. If our NZ laws would allow us I would have brought the Vito back here, but as it was I had to sell it for half what it was worth when leaving Deutschland :frowning:

I understood that the Danish taxation system punished you heavily for owning+driving vehicles, which is why there are so many bicycles around? Yet you have two?

Sounds awesome! Currently he drives the wonderfully weird Fiat Panda TwinAir. It’s a small but quiet high car - very plastic and cheap feeling but the turbo makes it hilarious to drive. It sounds like a moped with the weird two cylinder engine haha. I think it’s pushing ~120bhp with a tune - i think I read the Dacia can be tuned to that relatively cheap too. For him it’s very important that he can get in and out and it’s tall enough (bad back) I’ll tell him your review!

1 Like

Beauts, absolute beauts.

1 Like

Before I crashed my beautiful Hyundai i20 I drove one of those. Very reliable car with a lot of extras for reasonable money. After the crash it was only worth 300€ . At that time it was 2 years old so you can imagine how the car looked like (even smaller than a Smart or even a Trabi). No need to show any photos. Unluckily I don’t own any photos prior to that date. :wink:

1 Like

Well, I live quiet opposite Copenhagen where most of the bikes live. West Denmark yeehaw! Not much public transport here either heheh.

The heavy heavy tax here is when you buy a new car. I haven’t bought a new car ever, so I’m not entirely sure of the percentage, but I think it atleast used to be 180%. So if you buy a 20.000 dollar car, you’d pay 56.000 dollars. Very very expensive.

Recently they’ve hit down on the usage of cars too. Apart from expensive petrol (1.7USD pr liter) you now have a half-yearly tax which is calculated by your fuel-usage. For a Fiat TwinAir it’s maybe 55usd, for my 2.3L turbo Saab it’s nearly 600usd. I’m just happy not to own a diesel. They got even MORE expensive.

The government got cold sweats and make panic-laws constantly because they realise that they haven’t done much for the environment transportwise. We are a very very green country, windmills and stuff, but consumers still burn fossil fuels a lot. They’re put all their eggs into Electric vehicles, which are also expensive, but now us petrolheads pay a lot of tax money directly into the pockets of the poor poor Tesla owners. Imagine what they cost here - - Tesla owners DON’T need money.

I’m not against electrical vehicles, but I think it’s a transitional tech. Imho converting already existing petrol cars to ethanol and playing the hydrogen card is better. I’m worried about all the litium batteries and shitty replace don’t fix electrical cars. Right now only the rich can afford them, and us less fortunate pay for them lol.

That being said, most danes drive small 4cyl cars. 1.0 litre ones. And of course, lots of bikes in Copenhagen and to some extend Aarhus :wink:

I drive two cars cus I love cars. My Yaris I bought off my grandma. Her mech would only pay her wreckers price, which is a scam, so I bought it, planning to clean it up nicely and sell it on, giving her the profit. I reckon it’ll make a fantastic first car for an 18-year old. 1.0 Yaris doesn’t reach fatal speeds Hahaha.

(sorry for long answer and maybe it doesn’t make sense.i’m on my phone)

4 Likes

Just one unfortunate thing that comes with the car being taller, the boot is also higher from the ground.
Getting luggage in and out could be a bit more difficult with a bad back.

1 Like

True that’s a very valid point

How is the navigation Linux computer?

I’ve only used the actual GPS navigation a few times and it was good.
The rest of the functions are nothing exceptional.
You get your standard AM/FM radio, media player, rear camera (with the highest trim level).

I like that the screen dims when you turn on your headlights (so that the screen is not too bright during the night, and the maps also turn to dark mode).

It also supports bluetooth and Android Auto via usb cable.

Not sure if I’d need anything else from it, but I do know you can “hack” it to unlock video play support and a bunch of other features, but I haven’t looked into that.

1 Like

The dimming of headunits is seriously underrated. I had to drive a Renault recently at night and I was BLIND Hahaha. Sounds really good, definately more than the fiat

2 Likes

My personal vehicle is a 2010 Ford Falcon G6E. My work vehicle is a 2018 Ford Ranger XLT.

1 Like

Used to drive BMW 320d which I gave to my wife and now I drive Smart Fortwo :grin:

1 Like

My man. That’s a great car.

I just picked up my 19th car this weekend.

2017 Mazda 3 Grand Touring - my first automatic in over a decade. Los Angeles traffic has finally beat me down. No more 3 pedals for now.

4 Likes

Please - tell me it isn’t a

(shudder)
CVT?

Edit: LA traffic isn’t so bad as to need THAT. Try it with a 13-speed RoadRanger tranny… :grin: