What are you listening to right now?

4 Likes

Oh, i am sorry i had a turntable at wrong speed!

OK - here’s some modern heavy rock for y’all…

(OK - not so modern… or heavy! Mostly just forgotten…)

7 Likes

:ghost:

3 Likes

Time to open a beer, do the friday house cleaning, and put on some old(new)-school japanese NWOBHM!

1 Like

I own a physical copy of the following parody of the Troggs’ “Wild Thing.” It makes fun of Senator Robert F “Bobby” Kennedy’s vocal stammering and Boston (Massachusetts) accent. My disc looks identical to the disc shown in the video, including the incorrect copyright date of 1962. This single was actually released in 1967. When the real Bobby Kennedy, then a front-runner for US President, was assassinated in California on June 6, 1968 (aged 42), radio stations in the US withdrew this parody from their playlists.

2 Likes
1 Like

:motorway: :sun_with_face:

2 Likes
7 Likes

In some parts of the world, due to copyright, you’ll need to follow this link to Dusty Springfield’s version of “Spooky”:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QT1HjKXvT4

I think that Dusty’s version is better than the hit version by Classics IV.

Dusty’s longtime professional and romantic partner was Norma Tanega. This song by Norma was a hit single in 1966:

3 Likes

Man…i HATE drm.

honka_animated-128px-32

Who the hell in right mind would restrict Dusty Springfield beautiful version, why oh why… :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

One of my favorite film soundtracks is Ry Cooder’s soundtrack for Wim Wenders’ 1984 film, Paris, Texas.

Paris, Texas is for me a perfect film. I love the screenplay; the theme; the cinematography; the acting; and, of course, the soundtrack.

(Ry Cooder’s 1979 album, Bop Till You Drop, was the first popular music album to have been digitally recorded.)

If you don’t have the patience for the entire Paris, Texas soundtrack, you can skip to one of the most beautiful songs:

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes
1 Like

That’s some old-school right here! :phone:

Reminded me of Blues Brothers 2000 :upside_down_face:

1 Like