What are you listening to right now?

1 Like
5 Likes
1 Like

A concerto for Jewā€™s harp, Mandora and orchestra, by Johann Georg Albrechtsberger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgScDJmOyWg

3 Likes

So expressive and emotional!!

I criedā€¦ :sob:

2 Likes

Would you expect any less from the man who taught Beethoven everything about music?

2 Likes

1962 - Cast your fate to the wind - Vince Guaraldi

Now for something from the WAY back machine.
1902 - The Entertainer - Scott Joplin

I believe ā€˜The Entertainerā€™ was in the movie ā€˜The Stingā€™ with Paul Newman & Robert Redford

Pudge

5 Likes
6 Likes

A nice long set of ragtimeā€¦

3 Likes

I love that era of jazz music so much! :notes:
Itā€™s about time to spin it 3rd time in a row to keep party rolling :partying_face:

3 Likes

Short but sweet:

(her channel is full of classicsā€¦ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSF5mJTarQx3ER3MhiR5QoQ :grin: )

5 Likes

A ā€œHi-Fi Spectacularā€ from 1956 (or 1957 or 1958, depending on your source), and also a very good song:

I had forgotten about this album until just a few minutes ago, while using fdupes to search for duplicate files on my computer.

More about the Adventures in Sound album:

ā€¦ a 1956 album that ranks among the most extreme examples of multi-taping mania. simply by recording track after track of sounds onto a single master, Gugliemi achieved the effect of a 40-piece orchestra, with his wife singing vocals on about half the cuts

More about the history of multitrack recording:

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Dub War. They became Skindred. Benji and the boys doin hardcore rasta fusion. Staight outta Newport South Wales.

Enjoy, grinners are winners! :grin:

1 Like

More punk/hardcore from the guys who were there at the beginning: Bad Brains. Mosh!

3 Likes
2 Likes

My old roommate from Lincolnshire loved Bad Brains ā€¦ Used to see him bumping around in the T shirt and all ā€¦

Ska punk cominā€™ at ya

Was he from Boston in Lincolnshire? I might know him from a long time ago. There was a guy whose nickname was Del. He was well into hardcore stuff like the Descendents etc He has a sister, Estelle (Stelle) Howes. They used to put on gigs at the Indian Queen in Boston. Mega City Four, Senseless Things, stuff like that.

2 Likes