What are you listening to right now?

1 Like

He told me about the Indian Queen . Loved it

I actually think he was from Lincoln city itself ā€¦

He drummed in a punk band for years I think

Loose unit really , ended up in the gypsy techno scene ā€¦ think spiral tribe and so on ā€¦

Somehow ended up in my neck of the woods . Good type but.

:wink:

Haha, small world mate. Donā€™t think I knew him then but it was certainly the same scene. I think we were all ā€œloose unitsā€ back then. As New Model Army put it ā€œsearching for family searching for tribeā€ or something like that anyway :wink:
More good stuff: Hardcore meets catchy pop tune.

2 Likes

Next time Iā€™ll have to ask him what the band was called , think they played at the Indian Queen .

hahah I feel it . Spent many a year being a ā€œloose unitā€ myself ā€¦ Probably how we got on so well :wink: That and the AU x UK banter ā€¦ never gets old ā€¦ "Chuckkkk ya wellies on m8 "

also , guess who is back

1 Like

Desmond Dekker - Israelites (1968)

lyrics

Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir
So that every mouth can be fed
Poor, poor me, Israelites. Aah

Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir
Poor me, the Israelite

My wife and my kids, they packed up and leave me
Darling, she said, ā€œI was yours to be seenā€
Poor me, the Israelite

Shirt them a-tear up, trousers are gone
I donā€™t want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde
Poor me, the Israelite

After a storm there must be a calm
They catch me in the farm
You sound your alarm
Poor a-poor a-poor me, the Israelite

[Instrumental]

I said I get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir
Poor me, Israelite. Aah

I said my wife and my kids, they are packed up and leave me
Darling, she said, I was yours to be seen
Poor me, Israelites. Aah

Look Me shirts them a-tear up, trousers are gone
I donā€™t want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde
A-poor a-poor me, Israelites. Aah

After a storm there must be a calm
They catch me in the farm
You sound your alarm
Poor me, Israelite
A-poor a-poor a-poor me, Israelites. Aah
Poor me, Israelite
Poor me, Israelite

3 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty good tune! Never really been aware of that band apart from the name but Iā€™m certainly not adverse to a decent bit of electronic music. Regarding the NZ/UK banter I used to occasionally work with an NZ guitar tech called Jeff but the way he pronounced it sounded like ā€œJiffā€. Of course we made fun of him for that but I guess he was used to it. He knew his stuff though so fair play to him. :smile:

Mate, calling an Australian a New Zealander in such a dry and serious manner is the ultiamte form of AU:UK banter .

I can see you are well versed in such formalities

Hard to tell if itā€™s a change of pace or notā€¦ :grin:

3 Likes

S***. I got the wrong flag! My sincere apologies and I do mean that. His nameā€™s still Jiff though! :wink: :blush:

Gotta love Neil, and even those crazy fake Fender backline mockups!

2 Likes

No ruts hereā€¦ we refuse to fall into themā€¦?

2 Likes

Eddie says yes:

Endeavour keeps rockinā€™ in the free world :wink:
Edit: follow Pearl Jams wishes on this. Respect.

2 Likes

Love Dub war :partying_face:

How about some raggacore :boom:

:heart:

5 Likes

that was before everything was possible on modern Computersystemsā€¦ i remember taskam recorder sessions :wink:
2020-11-20_12-42

7 Likes

The 2nd trackā€™s good fun, but the first one slapped me round the head a bit too hard for my tastes. Iā€™ve just taken 2 paracetamol though so things should improve. It ainā€™t the music, it was the vodka! :metal: :laughing:

Yay! Used one back in the day, along with various Tascam and Fostex machines as well as the Reel-to-Reel stuff. Happy Old Skool Days! :smile:

1 Like

It took digital audio about 15-20 years to catch up with analogue anyway. The whole thing was just a money saving exercise in the end. Mechanical stuff is expensive, electronics less so. Simple really. I love valves (tubes to you yanks, no offence) and old analogue stuff yet here we all are, on a forum, using digital computers. Jeez!

1 Like
4 Likes