post anything Cavalera and I’m annoyed I can only give one heart

2 Likes

Then don’t stop, Max rules! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Keeping the war theme going:

5 Likes

:bat:

2 Likes

Speaking of war, the French are not known for winning a lot of wars, but they had the most spectacular war music:

Hearing this just makes me want to go die for King and Country! :rofl:

Also:

4 Likes

Speaking of going to die for King and Country…

Although not about war per se, this song has one verse that just says so much in a few concise lines:

From the Hundred Year War to the Crimea
With a lance and a musket and a Roman spear
To all of the men who have stood with no fear
In the service of the King

The Clash dipping their toes into the Phil Spector “wall of sound” production style.

The Clash - The Card Cheat

6 Likes

You don’t need to be an old greybeard man to play blues… :wink:

3 Likes

One of my favorite classical pieces to not only listen to, but perform (before arthritis stopped me from playing) as well. Rimsky-Korsakov’s Scheherazade

5 Likes

Swedish Heavy Metal band with cute girls!

Hysterica - Force of Metal from the album The Art of Metal!

2 Likes

Did someone say “cute girls” and “Metal”? I am there. Thanks!

3 Likes

What about motorcycles, metal and cute girls? :wink:

English version:

Their language:

1 Like

All three of my favorite things in the same place?!?!? Where do I sign up?

@anon9173994 I am definitely going to give them a look and listen. Thanks!

2 Likes

Speaking about war - it’s kinda hard to leave out

More traditional metal

2 Likes
3 Likes

(I promise, my next post will be about something other than murder.)

Back in 2002 I bought this CD (now on YouTube), proceeds from which supported an effort to end the death penalty in the United States. Every song is about murder, or its consequences. None of these songs condones murder.

I’ll Never Get Out of This World Alive

This assertion is, unfortunately, true for all of us.

More about the album:

There’s everything from the traditional and gruesome (“Knoxville Girl” from Brett Sparks and a very powerful, gritty “Tom Dooley” by Steve Earle, as graphic as any gangsta rap) to straight-up country (Johnny Paycheck’s “Pardon Me (I’ve Got Someone to Kill),” which these days stands almost as a parody of a country song, albeit a chilling one), all the way to standards (post-punk feminist icon Jenny Toomey on a lovely acoustic rendition of Cole Porter’s “Miss Otis Regrets”), punk (the Adverts’ “Gary Gilmore’s Eyes” interpreted by Dean Schlabowske), and originals (Johnny Dowd’s “Judgement Day,” among others). It’s an odd assemblage, but it hangs together very well, not just because of the thematic content, but also the intensity of the performances, like Edith Frost’s luminous “Sing Me Back Home” or Dianne Izzo’s raw take on “Oh Death.” Apart from contributing guitar and some vocals throughout, Langford does get a couple of moments in the spotlight, duetting on the Dowd cut, then on “The Plans We Made,” a tale of love gone awfully wrong that he sings with fellow Mekon Sally Timms. There’s no bad cut here, although Tony Fitzpatrick’s “Idiot Whistle” proselytizes a little too much, and “The Hangman’s Song” from Christa Meyer and Tim Kelley of Puerto Muerto is just plain weird. But this album makes its points in very plain, blunt terms, and offers some excellent music along the way. If you still don’t think music and politics can mix, start here.

5 Likes

Now it will be 8 hours of rain sound!

night sounds

I always listen to night sounds!

Good night!

1 Like

Knoxville Girl is such a great song; one of my favorite murder ballds.

Probably the best known version is from the Louvin Brothers:

And Nick Cave’s version has always held a special place in my heart:

6 Likes

With Windows 10 enabled!??!?!? :scream:
That’s called sleep deprivation, how can you sleep?

Remix of one of my favorite city pop tracks

:musical_note: Baby baby, close your eyes :musical_note:
:musical_note: Go back into your endless dream :musical_note:
:musical_note: Baby baby, don’t think you’re lonely :musical_note:
:musical_note: Don’t give up loving somebody new :musical_note: