We all have our own things we like to install on a fresh Linux install. Some want to install fan control, some people want to switch from bash to zsh, other people will customize there system completely.
Device: Clevo NH55RGQ
RAM: 32 GB
Storage: 2 TB NVME SSD Samsung 970
Operating system: EndeavourOS KDE or Arch KDE with EndeavourOS repo
Programs I install at first
- Intel-undervolt: My laptop can run sometimes hotter. So I use this so that I can undervolt my laptop a bit.
- Tuxedo-control-center, Tuxedo-keyboard, Tuxedo-cc-wmi: I have a Clevo laptop and at a fresh boot the fan control is a bit bad. Sometimes it runs at full speed even when it is only 35 degrees. Because Tuxedo laptops are mostly Clevo, I just this.
- Tuxedo-backlight-control: I can set the color of my keyboard with this program.
- Docker: I run my own media system and I prefer docker to do this. With Watchtower enabled my containers get automatically updated.
- Discord/Telegram: I use Discord for multiple servers and Telegram to talk with EndeavourOS people.
- Tela-Circle-Icon-Theme: My favorite Icon theme.
- Chromium & Libva-intel-driver: Chromium, because that is my browser of choice and libva-intel-driver so that I can watch videos on Chromium hardware accelerated (VAAPI)
Other things I do
- I setup my aliases. I made a alias update which is running a script. It first does a simply yay ( I know, updating with pacman -Syu is safer ) and then does a flatpak update.
- I install Flatpak and Snap. I only use Snap for Subsync, which is by far the best subtitle sycnhronizer I have ever seen.
- I only change my icon theme to Tela-Circle-Blue-Dark and KDE theme to Breeze Theme Dark.
- I install the ‘enhanced-h264ify’ chrome extension so that it blocks the vp8, vp9, av1 and 60 fps videos from Youtube which works better for Youtube.
Would love to know what you guys do on a fresh Linux install, so that we find more ways to use Linux