Video editor like iMovie?

Hey guys, I want to edit some videos. Nothing fancy. I remember from our days on iMac the iMovie software was fantastic. Easy to grasp, easy to operate, quick results. Do you know any Linux editor that works similar to iMovie? I don’t wanna geek out over all the fancy schmancy functions, just output some vlog videos. Kdenlive would probably give me stress pimples. :frowning:
Thankies

openshot and shotcut should be simple to use.

I personally stick with Kdenlive because it works and has most features one would want.

PS. I’ve never seen what iMovie is; don’t know how much it relates with openshot.

3 Likes

This is pretty easy to learn though at first when I went to use it I was a bit confusing (took me about maybe a day to figure out the basics). Now I find it pretty easy to throw together a simple video (a few transistion effects, title screens etc) with it. I haven’t tried any others though so I can’t recommend anything else.

2 Likes

I’ve used avidemux-qt and it is rather easy to learn and use, and worked for my videos.

2 Likes

I use only two:

Kdenlive - it’s a very nice, simple and intuitive GUI video editor.

ffmpeg - command line video editor, great for basic tasks like cropping, cutting, splicing videos, transcoding from one format to another, replacing audio, embedding subtitles, etc… Requires a lot of patience to learn how to use, but it’s the most efficient way to do some video editing tasks.

2 Likes

+1 on Kdenlive and Shotcut.

Kdenlive has many features, but can be as simple as you want it to be.
Shotcut is simple out of the box.

While you’re at it, though, you should add Handbrake to your setup to optimise and reduce the file size of your videos after rendering them from whichever editor you choose.

2 Likes

I endorse Handbrake for any and all light-duty editing.

2 Likes

Another vote for Kdenlive. A great video editor. As Kresimer said… it’s a very nice, simple and intuitive GUI video editor.

The combination of Kdenlive and Handbrake would be tough to beat.

2 Likes

Kdenlive, shotcut, avidemux, handbradke are all very good. Kdenlive is what I use with my action video cameras and my Sony ZF1F. . . vlogging camera.

Rich;)

3 Likes