Viber tray missing

Does anyone else have problem with Viber, qbittorent(and possibly other apps) not docking to tray.
Im using latest deepin from repositories. On a side note, gtk apps do land in tray (print queue always dock like it should)

Thanks in advance

when did you install deepin? Because there have been some big changes since the update to version 20.
I would try with a new configuration to see if this is working better.

Continuing the discussion from Viber tray missing:

Hi,
Im using latest deepin from arch repositories (DDE v20). I guess it has to do with dde dock system tray applet. Perhaps I have to install sort of app indicator or something.

can you show:

cat ~/.config/deepin/dde-dock.conf | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io

I do not have that file :frowning:
This is the list of files and directories in .config folder:
bluetooth.json
dde-api
dde-calendar
dde-daemon
dde-desktop
dde-file-manager
dde-file-manager.json
dde-launcher-app-sorted-list.conf
dde-launcher-app-used-sorted-list.conf
dde-welcome.conf
deepin-editor
deepin-image-viewer
deepin-movie
deepin-music
deepin-screen-recorder
deepin-screen-recorder.conf
deepin-screenshot.conf
deepin-system-monitor
deepin-terminal
deepin-wm-switcher
list
qt-theme.ini

i think that there is no tray icon anymore on deepin 20… (i do not know if there was one before also) apps have an icon if they are open on the panel, but you are right, they close to statusbar and do not show an icon then… ma ysomeone more used to deepin can help here…

There was a tray icon before. The problem is that you can close viber/any other app, but there is viber process still running on the system. Only way to really close viber is to kill it in terminal: killall -9 viber

yes i do see the same, but as i say i do not know if this is a missing package or something simple not ready, and may will be there on one of the next updates…

2020-06-14_12-46
was it shown there before? as far as i know there is system-tray and tray so it looks like only system-tray is shown and tray simple is not there?

i see also that libappindicator-gtk3 is installed as a dependency for deepin but is not working at all

Yes,
I do too have libappindicator installed but no luck. It seems that Viber is qt based like qbittorent. LIke I said, it seems that only gtk apps dock in system tray.

Ok I think missing viber solved itself or it was solved when I installed meteo-qt from AUR:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/meteo-qt/
It seems that meteo-qt has the following dependencies:

It works like this: start viber (no tray icon) , then start meteo-qt and then both tray icons are present. Wird but it works.