Unable to install Yay and Endeavouros Keyring

Note this box comes from Antergos days and has been updated overtime for a while. Things were fine until today. I do have another more fresh EndeavourOS box that updates fine.

sudo pacman -S yay

resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…

Packages (1) yay-9.4.2-1

Total Download Size: 1.99 MiB
Total Installed Size: 6.32 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
:: Retrieving packages…
yay-9.4.2-1-x86_64 2037.4 KiB 6.22 MiB/s 00:00 [##########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring [##########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity [##########################################] 100%
error: yay: signature from “EndeavourOS info@endeavouros.com” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/yay-9.4.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] Y
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

sudo pacman -S endeavouros-keyring
warning: endeavouros-keyring-1-4 is up to date – reinstalling
resolving dependencies…

Packages (1) endeavouros-keyring-1-4

Total Download Size: 0.01 MiB
Total Installed Size: 0.02 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 0.00 MiB

endeavouros-keyring-1-4-any 10.3 KiB 0.00 B/s 00:00 [##########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring [##########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity [##########################################] 100%
error: endeavouros-keyring: signature from “EndeavourOS info@endeavouros.com” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/endeavouros-keyring-1-4-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))

Try to folow the steps explained in this thread:

I don’t have Kalu or eos-update-notifier installed. I also cannot install them.

welcome-1.10-4-any 20.4 KiB 6.64 MiB/s 00:00 [############################################################] 100%
eos-update-notifier-0.5-8-any 16.0 KiB 1600 KiB/s 00:00 [############################################################] 100%
(4/4) checking keys in keyring [############################################################] 100%
(4/4) checking package integrity [############################################################] 100%
error: welcome: signature from “EndeavourOS info@endeavouros.com” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/welcome-1.10-4-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: eos-update-notifier: signature from “EndeavourOS info@endeavouros.com” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/eos-update-notifier-0.5-8-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

sudo pacman -S kalu  1 ↵  10.95G   1.10    10:48  10.25.19 
resolving dependencies…
warning: cannot resolve “pacman<5.2”, a dependency of “kalu”
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
kalu

:: Do you want to skip the above package for this upgrade? [y/N] Y
there is nothing to do

The thread handles how to solve the signature problem from the point I referred you to.

The fix:

sudo pacman-key --lsign-key “EndeavourOS”

Thanks for the help. Making it easier for someone else to find in case they have the same problem.

3 Likes

[bob@Endeavour ~]$ sudo pacman-key --lsign-key “EndeavourOS”
[sudo] password for bob:
→ Locally signing key “EndeavourOS”…
==> ERROR: “EndeavourOS” could not be locally signed.

Remove the quotes around EndeavourOS.

Got it, thanks.

Worked with the quotes for me…

Copying strings with quotes here may change the quote characters to different (and thus wrong) quotes. Proper quotes do work.

I am having a problem with it saying that it can not be locally signed. Have tried with and without “”.

sudo pacman-key --lsign-key EndeavourOS

Worked for me

$ sudo pacman-key --lsign-key EndeavourOS
[sudo] password for xxxxxx: 
  -> Locally signing key EndeavourOS...
==> Updating trust database...
gpg: next trustdb check due at 2020-05-03

Not being patronising or anything, but please try copy pasting from the first line in this post.

1 Like

I hope its ok to bump this, I have the same issue now again with Fehler: yay: signature from "manuel <manuel@endeavouros.com>" is unknown trust and running

[daniel@fs0ciety ~]$ sudo pacman-key --lsign-key EndeavourOS -> Signiere Schlüssel 1 lokal... ==> Aktualisiere Trust-Datenbank... gpg: nächste "Trust-DB"-Pflichtüberprüfung am 2023-07-12
does basically work, but it doesnt help with the issue, the warning still persits.

See the pinned post about the issue:

5 Likes