Unable to install EndevourOS

What about an older installer of EndevourOS?

Yes, why not.

Yes You could try but I donā€™t think is the best solution because you will block on update later if it comes from kernel ! Or you could go for another kernel than the latest one, is a possibility tooā€¦

1 Like

My bad ok I will ran the command.

Sorry, I have to go now. Hopefully you can proceed successfully! :smile:

2 Likes

Oh ok true, but lets say that an older kernel runs fine, in that case I need to use LTS kernel than. But anyways I will give all of this a try soon. It is quite late over here. Thanks for yours and @manuelā€™s help I will try all the options, including trying out Arch Linux.

What kernel is Arch Linux itself is using at the moment?

Where can I also find the archive verison of EndevourOS?

They just updated the new 5.5

1 Like

Oh ok I see.

And also if I am doing sudo pacman -Syyu would that update the kernel?

The command you gave is for refreshing the mirrors !

Donā€™t forget EndeavourOS is a rolling so you have the latest when you update.
But the best way to do is to use 2 Kernels like LTS by security. Like this when the latest gives you problem you use the other one until they solve problems but this latest 5.5 only makes little problems on wifi the day after they already updated it to repair itā€¦

Is this the first time you are trying to install EndeavourOS to this computer?

Hey man it appears that they have not yet updated to 5.5 https://www.archlinux.org/download/

Unless if I am not looking at the right page?

I see, I will install LTS sorry to ask this but what is the command to install the LTS kernel?

I have installed it on virtualbox just fine but when i tried to install it on actual hardware on another PC it does not work but on another computer on actual hardware the installer also works just fine.

Iā€™m exactly on 5.5.2-ARCH-1 they update also systems yesterday

I let you with @ricklinux is the best ! :rocket:

I have to go and finish Calamares slidesā€¦

I see, how would I try out linux 5.5 in live mode if they only packaged 5.4?

This is confusing. Are you trying to install it on this computer for the first time? Or are you saying it installed on virtualbox on this computer but wonā€™t install on the actual hardware?

Look here :

https://www.kernel.org

1 Like

What do you mean with ā€œ[ā€¦] only packaged 5.4?ā€ Iā€™m a little bit confused now. Iā€™m using kernel 5.5.2 and that since yesterday or two days.

You canā€™t update to 5.5?

I donā€™t think itā€™s a kernel problem. I think it is a hardware issue. :thinking: My 2 cents! When you boot on the live ISO and it loads and you start the install it has to read the current fs so there is an issue. It has to see and read the current structure which itā€™s hanging.

1 Like

But nevertheless he should be able to use the current and already since days released kernel. But a hardware problem can be a reason for this. Do you think endeavouros launches at the start and recognizes that the hardware isnā€™t able to support kernel 5.5?

What iā€™m saying is he canā€™t get it installed because when he launches the installer it doesnā€™t get past starting the install process.

1 Like