Unable to Access NAS from Thunar, Again (samba)

Hi All, following a large update a few days ago I am now unable to access my NAS from within Thunar.

I had previously had problems which were solved by following this post:

and downgrading libwbclient and smbclient and putting them into the ignorepkg line in pacman.conf.

However the update a few days ago caused problems. One of the packages to be updated was gvs-smb. In order to do this libwbclient had to be replaced by an updated /etc/smbclient. Knowing the problems that I had had previously, when asked to replace libwbclient I selected No. This caused the update to abort.

So, I repeated the update and this time selected Yes. Once the update was completed I found that I had lost NAS access from Thunar. I then tried to downgrade smbclient again but was informed that libwbclient was required by the replacement, so, I tried to reinstall libwbclient. Unfortunately this bought up a warning that libwbclient would break smbclient which in turn would break gvs-smb. So I am back at square one.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so does anyone know if there is a work around please?

If further info is required please ask.

Rgds
Dave

Does your nas support nfs? A couple of years ago I switched my connections to my Synology from my Linux boxes from smb to nfs and I have never looked back. It just works.

That might not be an option for you but I thought I would throw it out there as a potential work-around.

Dont think so. when i go into thunar and select browse network three results appear, Technicolor - which is my router, venus - which is my NAS, and windows network. Clicking on any brings up a popup with the error message 'failed to mount windows share:software caused connection abort.
Rgds
Dave

What is your NAS? Is it a commercial appliance or something you built yourself?

Its a Freecom Media player with smb connectivity which I only use as a NAS now. This has always worked ok prior to the issues with smbclient and python since moving to Endeavour.

Rgds
Dave