Trying to replicate Garuda Linux's KDE theming on EndeavourOS Plasma KDE

Had you been more specific, or even linked to this thread, you might have got more information. As things stand, all of the components listed in the package list exist online so you just have to install them.

1 Like

As told by @Shjim,

Have a look at :

1 Like

I’ve installed (the a bit buggy) pamac-aur

Installing the themes manually would be extremely hard to update.

So far I’ve found:

• Icon Theme → beautyline
  • GTK Theme → sweet-gtk-theme
  • Kvantum Theme → sweet-kvantum-theme-git
  • Fonts → ttf-fira-sans

What I’m missing:

• KDE Theme → I’ve found: sweet-kde-git, sweet-kde-theme-git and sweet-theme-git but I don’t know which one is the correct one. Also, as I said, with sweet-kde-git and sweet-kde-theme-git the theme appears in the Settings but theme itself doesn’t work (Breeze Light is applied instead)

• Konsole theme

What I don’t want:

• Latte Dock config → I’m using my own
  • Sweet cursor theme → I’m using a custom one

Also, what’s kwin :sweat_smile:?

It’s the window manager for KDE

I see

I use pamac-nosnap so I have something that will check everything for updates and give me a single nopification/addon icon to use in whatever DE I happen to be using. It works about 80% of the time for AUR stuff but doesn’t handle uninstalling groups and meta packages all that well, so for those and the other 20% of AUR cases I go back to yay.

But I digress. :slight_smile:

Is it more performant than pamac-aur?

About the same. I just wanted something that would check all my package types for updates.

I found out that the correct KDE theme package is sweet-kde-theme-git, but when trying to install it I get this error:

Error: sweet-kde-theme-git: signature from Nico Jensch (Chaotic-AUR) <dr460nf1r3@garudalinux.org> is invalid
Failed to commit transaction:
invalid or corrupted package (PGP singature):

Also, I can’t find the Konsole configuration anywhere here:

Might be better off getting it from the actual AUR instead,

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/sweet-kde-theme-git

2 Likes

Too late :rofl:

Oh that’s just beautiful, we send them to their thread, who sends them to this thread. Lovely example of bad programming practices :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

It is always interesting to see people talking about other spaces that they think to not be connected in some way :smiley:

Oh hey, that’s me! You likely didn’t install the chaotic-keyring, which is needed for this package to install properly.

2 Likes

I actually did :slight_smile:

So this package includes Garuda’s entire theming @dr460nf1r3?

Well yes, but trying to install it likely turns your Endeavour installation to Garuda due to garuda-hooks - still you can investigate its content and set up your installation.

Has the Garuda team generally to make a package including only the theming?

I also tried this some months ago, but forgot to dig deeper since that time. All I can tell you is, that the console configuration in Garuda is done via starship. I just failed to adapt the configuration to EndeavourOS. I was using a VM to check, how they do it. Most of their theming is not appliable via one click solution or just installing theme packages.

The prompt is starship. Otherwise, the colors, font etc. are also different and these are managed with a custom Konsole profile.