ThinkStation P310 SFF with Intel Xeon E3-1240 v5 Arch support

Given the 4-year-old workstation machine in the title of the topic. My question is, how much does EndeavourOS and Arch support it?

https://laptopozz.hu/termek/lenovo-thinkstation-workstation/

1 Like

This much: |---------------------------------------|

(But yes, it will work.)

6 Likes

What do you think of this processor? Also, there is an nVidia GeForce 605 video card in the workstation, what is its support for kernel and Arch?

I use 2 Thinkcenters, one with an E3-1245 v3 and one with an E3-1225v3, and Arch runs extraordinarily well on both.

I use integrated graphics, so I don’t know much about nVidia support.

My processors are about 2 years older than yours. I love my Xeons.

3 Likes

The Nvidia Geforce 605 is suported with the 390.xx drivers. Currently they are available from the AUR.

Edit: I think it will be excellent. Quad Core 8 Thread 3.90 Ghz Will handle up to 64 GB memory if the board supports it!

5 Likes

Thank you for your reply. It’s reassuring that Intel Xeon has good support on the Arch line. Thank you for your reply. It’s reassuring that Intel Xeon has good support on the Arch line. Anyway, in the meantime, I’ve fixed the title of the topic because it’s a Thinkstation, not a Thinkcentre.

2 Likes

Ha, I also screwed up the name of my computers - they’re Thinkservers, not Thinkcenters. :laughing:

But I got the Xeon processors right, at least.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer too, this is really good news. Otherwise, what video card driver will be installed by default for Nvidia Geforce 605 during installation?

1 Like

I’m not sure if the 390.xx drivers automatically get installed with the nvidia option on the live iso. I think @joekamprad or @manuel can answer that one?

1 Like

It was an unfortunate misspelling on my part. :slight_smile: Detailed information: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/think-workstations/thinkstation-p-series-sff/thinkstation-p310-sff/p/33TS3TPP31030AV

1 Like

I have no excuse for my misnaming, as both computers are right in front of me. :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you, I will look forward to their expert thoughts as well if you look into these topics. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This might have different specs than what originally looked up from your description? This looks entirely different as it is a SFF design. I thought it was a tower?

1 Like

Sorry to be misled, yes, this is a slim tower.

2 Likes

It shows different graphics on the site? Did you order it with the Geforce 605?

Edit: Just wondering if it has the Quadro Graphics?

I haven’t ordered it yet, but the machine comes pre-installed with a Geforce 605. I have completely corrected the topic title.

1 Like

Okay…doesn’t matter anyway as the quadro also uses the same drivers by the looks of it.

2 Likes

Here is the workstation in question. https://laptopozz.hu/termek/lenovo-thinkstation-workstation/

2 Likes

@joekamprad can correct me in if I’m wrong, but as it is an AUR thing, it will not be installed by default.
A graphics card that is not supported by the driver from the nvidia-dkms package can be handled after install e.g. by the nvidia-installer-dkms program.
To check if the card is supported or not, one can use the nvidia-installer-check program. It is available in the ISO.

1 Like

@zoli62
Getting it working should not be a problem. There are lots of others still using the 390.xx drivers. At least it’s a desktop which would allow you to change the graphics card if it was necessary down the road but it may also work on the open source driver nouveau. I wouldn’t be concerned.

1 Like