The new release is go for launch

Space_shuttle_Atlantis

The chiefs of development @joekamprad and @manuel have just given their official go,

The Atlantis release

Is now at launch control… :wink: :rocketa_purple:

41 Likes

…2, 1, 0, ignition…aaaand lift-off!!

lift-off

:purple_heart:

13 Likes

Aw man, I am going to get soot all over the place. It’ll take me a week to clean it up.

Pudge

8 Likes

I need this full screen in 4k!

4 Likes

" 4K: Launch and Return of the Space Shuttle Atlantis / Upscaled Video - YouTube " sad no true 4k. for that part , it start @ 1:33

3 Likes

Depending on those soon to be available release notes, I may consider doing a fresh install

:wink:

3 Likes

Kde i bet! :laughing:

2 Likes

What about a one week DE challenge. Use a DE we are not used to dig deeper and try it out when installing via new iso.

3 Likes

That is a good idea!

3 Likes

It lifts and falls down again, that’s not a good start.

2 Likes

My desktop challenge is kde :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: not kidding. I am deep diving already, using krohnkit and such…

1 Like

:sweat_smile:I think you mean Krohnkite. Have a look at Bismuth as well.

2 Likes

Exactly! Most difficult name ever. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Is the new release tomorrow? :star_struck:

I’ll just carry on rolling with my original install on each machine. They all work. Isn’t that what a rolling distro is? If there are some new things available which a new iso brings is there some place I can be informed about those? As a regular user I don’t do testing with VM’s and stuff like that. The whole point of rolling distros is you don’t need to reinstall. That is what attracted me to Arch/Manjaro/Endeavour in the firstplace.

3 Likes

Yep, but when I switch DE I prefer a clean slate. Every 3 months I hop from one to the other, sort of DE hopping addiction. Still excited about a new iso, less to update on the offline version and upcoming Nvidia fixes!

Which DE are you using? Could be a good opportunity for the DE challenge! And testing the new iso. Helps the eos team :wink:

Every time I hear Nvidia fixes I shudder. It doesn’t affect me so good luck with that clusterfuck! DE hopping yeah I have done that SO much after realizing that Pacman is the one for me. What really pisses me off is the new users who don’t get the concept of a rolling distro. I know you’re not one of those but go with the rolling. A new iso is surely for newcomers to the distro rather than those used to it. Apart from those who like testing for fun or looking for improvements of course.

4 different machines, no VMs. KDE, XFCE, Fluxbox & i3wm.

I agree but I learned that the hard way, actually got a beast laptop for work about half a year before I discovered eos and read about all the Nvidia problems. For sure won’t ever purchase anything related to Nvidia ever.