The Christmas Tidings Thread

aa45a5518cb41f43c8e299683a5282eb

7 Likes

Evil little boys and girls better watch out.

2 Likes

We are one week away from the all the adventures of Festivus! I look forward to watching The Strike as I do every year to restore the beginning of this average holiday.

" Frank: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.
Kramer: What happened to the doll?
Frank: It was destroyed. But out of that a new holiday was born. A Festivus for the rest of us.
Kramer: That must have been some kind of doll.
Frank: She was."

I can’t wait to make fatty melts and have home made beer. And due to Coronavirus, our yearly flaming pizza box run will have to be postponed until the following Festivus!

Does anyone else have any Festivus traditions? Does anyone else even have a clue what I’m talking about? Are there at least any other Seinfeld fans out there?

Our flaming pizza box started 15 years ago at my buddy’s house. It’s as dangerous as it sounds. In a crowd of probably 25+ of us fairly intoxicated youngsters, in the middle of my buddy’s living room, we set the top of a pizza box on fire and he needs to run it out the front door through the crowd and throw it into the snow bank before we have a big problem.

It’s a wonderful tradition.

And fatty-melts – we use grilled cheese sandwiches as a bun for the bacon/cheddar burger. And a bunch of us (not me) brew beer that we all embrace.

Upon entry into the house/apartment wherever we have Festivus, you are given a number at random for the gift retrieval. After (hopefully) surviving the pizza box, plenty of beer (sometimes good) and copious airing of grievances about each other and the world as a whole, my buddy hands out presents by number. One year I got a women’s left boot. Another year, was a rubix cube! All items are purchased at a local consignment shop with a maximum dollar figure of $5. You get what you get.

It’s such a glorious holiday. My wife actually likes Christmas so we do that now too. But I wanted to share a bit of my real favorite holiday. There’s a Festivus for the rest of us!

5 Likes

This is the first time putting up a Christmas Tree in our house. We moved into our house last year at this time. Because of how late it was in the season and we could not find the box it was in, we did not put it up last year.

tree

Now I am wishing for the impossible in Thailand. Please let it snow. Just for a couple of hours, and then you can go away.

9 Likes

external-content.duckduckgo.com

11 Likes

Create a small diorama on your kitchen counter. Insert reasonable of icing sugar in a sifter. Set up your phone as video cam, and sift contents over the diorama - sing LET IT SNOW while sifting.

Tasty cleanup too!

2 Likes

Ah, Christmas. I must say I have some fond memories of Christmas from when I was just a wee lad.

For example, my father used to dress as Santa Claus and come to see me. But even as a child, I could always tell it was him:

my dad as Santa

drunk_santa_small

And also, I remember my favorite Christmas toy, a battery operated Rudolph:

rare footage of my childhood

reindeer_toy

So many fond memories…

8 Likes

And you came of that ok?? That Rudolph action was scary!

2 Likes

Sure, I’m perfectly normal.

(Why are you all rolling your eyes?)

7 Likes

We’re not sure normal is a good thing to be! :grin: :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I always knew that by looking at your art work! :rofl:

1 Like
3 Likes

4 Likes

I hope you all let everyone know how you truly feel today. And for those of you can’t take the regular holidays. You’re always welcome to join in. A festivus for the rest of us. Thank you Frank Costanza for destroying that doll.

3 Likes

Any of you wearing cringy christmas sweaters?

I’m wearing a star wars themed one :star_struck:

seasonal-greetings-from-hoth

5 Likes

Naaah…Clothes is bloat! :sunglasses:

4 Likes
1 Like