Thanks God it's weekend, what Linux project do you have in mind?

Time tinkering with wm is not time wasted! :rofl:

Awesome is pretty cool but I never can get used to the keybindings and the way to setup the config.

The beautiful part about wm, is that you just need to copy your config file. Perhaps take note of additional packages you installed like feh/nitrogen and picom/Compton etc, and ready to go on the other rig!

Itā€™s weekend! Yay!

Trying out openSUSE

tumbleweed

on RPI4B.

screenshots

click here

3 Likes

Scrap yard save from someone recycling old stuff. Iā€™ve got like a half dozen monitors, mice, keyboards and this gem.

Lenovo ideacentre

i5-7400
8gb RAM
WD 1TB blue HDD
Nvidia GT 730

Looking forward to the new garage computer.

PXL_20220927_180013215

8 Likes

Weekend dedicated to dwm, suckless! And doom emacs.

https://dwm.suckless.org/

1 Like

Probably play some Elden Ring and do some more troubleshooting on my nvidia 515.75 issue. Iā€™d rather not be stuck on 515.65 forever. Not really linux related but i need to finish building a new 24 pin atx cable for this machine.

2 Likes

Me too, just got that game last week, too much work not even time to try it out!

1 Like

Latest version of qt5-wayland caused multiple bugs on Plasma 5.26, I want to report them before 5.26 is released officially.

1 Like

Try to get X-plane to actually use 3 monitors. Not an easy task.

Such a great game but I typically only play ā€œSoulsā€ type games. Runs great on my vanilla Arch kde with nvidia gpu. A few areas in the game kind of ā€œchugā€ or stutter but not enough to affect gameplay or experience. I have 300 hours into it and on ng+. I recommend it 100%.

2 Likes

I got bored so I ā€œclonedā€ EndeavourOS i3-config to fresh Arch install just to see how things work :stuck_out_tongue: I am quite impressed how fast this is even on VM.

Screenshot_20221001_185514

Screenshot_20221001_214046

5 Likes

I started playing god of war on steam deck, really nice game!

3 Likes

I just edited the dnf.conf file on the Fedora laptop to make it a bit faster.

Thatā€™s it, since I got a cold from the remote parts of hell going. Morphine based cough sirup makes it an even more stupid idea to do something that requires me thinking.

2 Likes

Found the old SSD from my Dell laptop. Plugged it in the new ideacentre. Reinstalled grub - and my May 2020 install is alive and well again. Back in business! Updating currently, and Iā€™m running the nouveau drivers currently, but Iā€™m going to try the nvidia drivers from AUR also.

This is my first install that has migrated machines.

Screenshot from 2022-10-01 14-53-43

2 Likes

Got an SSD to slap into my machine tonight to move the steam games to. I want them off my /home NVME.

Busy Linux weekend :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I didnā€™t plan any Linux projects for this weekend, for example trying out a new distribution, but I just want to browse, read, and relax on my Linux (EOS) machine.

Isnā€™t the classical DE of Suse KDE :scream: not Gnomeā€¦ :innocent:

1 Like

You can choose in the installer, so GNOME 43 on Tumbleweed :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Trueā€¦ Open Suse is the first distro I tried from a CD in a Linux magazine, and I recall my confusion as I didnā€™t know what I was chosing :sweat_smile: I was thinking what the heck is KDE and whatā€™s gnome!? But that was also when one could choose Lilo as bootloader, like eons ago.

1 Like