System wont load after update

After two weeks of vacations i made a system update (sudo pacman -Syu) and after restarting and selecting to boot EndeavourOS on grub list, the system will begin to load and then get stick with a blinking dash and cannot log in the system even trying to change to tty (i will see the login text and then system statt to blink dash again)

I tried to chroot and reinstall grub. Still the same. Then I chroot and restore a timeshift backup and got a working system again. Bur if I update it breaks again.

Some info: I dual boot with Debian Stable, have a NVidiaCard (LegacyDriver, 470) and I manly use lts kernel (have default one installed and it wont load too).

I am clueless about what I could try next to fix it since I’m.noot used to need to fix things like these (manly used Debian Stable for the last 3 years and before that Windows) Thanks in advance for any help you may provide

If you by any chance use optimus-manager, please have a look here:

Good luck and welcome to EnOS’ community @LuciusAnnaeus !

:enos: :handshake:t5:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @LuciusAnnaeus :enos: :enos_flag:

Thanks. Optimus-manager (and my lack of reading update notes) was indeed the culprit.

1 Like

You are welcome!
It’s not always easy to keep up with all the “ups and downs” of everything going on on the forum.
Anyways, glad to hear that you got it working!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.