Sway Edition - General Conversation!

no sure what manjaro use . not no used or even look on there for a while now . no point !!

2 Likes

Me too. I never liked the ‘we can make it better’ position, and the looks were never enough to get me over there… :grin:

(after all, I use XFCE!)
2 Likes

2021-01-31T16:47:20,004702279-05:00
Steam works :joy:

2 Likes

Good save @BONK :pray: :wink:

1 Like

Stream works on Sway?

I worked on the Arm installer tonight. It now installs Sway only, no other DE/WM, and it looks exactly like it is supposed to after logging in from lightdm.

But a lot of apps aren’t working.
alacritty I assume in the upper left, next to the wofi penguin, is a short cut for alacritty.
alacritty will not start with either the short cut or from wofi.

Most things with welcome aren’t working because welcome doesn’t support alacritty. I will have to get with @manuel on this item. If I remember correctly, alacritty didn’t work with welcome? Also EndeavourOS default wall paper doesn’t work, it just says “No DE” and that’s it.

Other than that, I think I have permission/ownership problems with .config and .profile

That’s it for tonight.

Pudge

That’s currently not supported in Welcome nor other EOS apps. Wiki has the list of supported terminals. I can look for a way to get alacritty work, but can’t promise anything as of yet.

2 Likes

They aren’t shortcuts. They’re workspaces focused on the applications. I don’t have an ARM device to test this yet :sweat:. But I do know @Shjim is using it so he’s much more help.

1 Like

We can use kitty or termite too but alacritty would be our first choice

2 Likes

@Pudge @OdiousImp

A workaround is to edit file /etc/eos-script-lib-yad.conf and set variable EOS_YAD_TERMINAL to alacritty.

Please check that this works in ARM too. On a x86 PC it seems to work as expected.

Anyway, I updated package eos-bash-shared and now it lists alacritty as one of the supported terminals.

2 Likes

I’m guessing that something to do with the way i copied the files.

Specifically which ones? @Shijim faced similar problems so it could be something to with ARM?

1 Like

Hey @OdiousImp @Pudge and @Shjim sorry i haven’t answered to your questions earlier. After having install Sway on my machine I have found out that it does not support my extra display with Displaylink, so I won’t be using it afterall. I been a pleasure to build what we have made so far, I hope you will continue it from here.

3 Likes

It’s sad to hear you leave, but thank you for all the work you’ve done! We wouldn’t have got to where we were without you!

I will continue it with all the help from the community and I wish you the very best of luck!

1 Like

i no get alactritty or kitty working so i use xfce-terminal + i test termite . i confirm both open welcome app , as @Pudge say you get "No DE " if try set wallpaper in welcome2021-02-01

2 Likes

@Pudge if you post list of app. i install see if they work on my

1 Like

It is because wallpaper’s are stored in the wrong place…my fault @Pudge we need to add the wallpapers first to repository…/usr…I think.

@Shjim are those wallpapers (ARM logo) up to the regulations? Pudge said you were aware of them?

2 Likes

no… I fix asap :pray: i not find nice area ( no like white block) that the rule so i follow . insane 3 letter coypright :rofl:

edit … welcome ideas

2 Likes

In EndeavourOS, the custom wallpapers are located in
/usr/share/endeavouros/backgrounds

Pudge

2 Likes

How is that managed? Both for ARM and x64? Is it the script?

" https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Shjim-Arch/Files/main/Community_sway-EOS-Plain-ARM_Edition.png "

" https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Shjim-Arch/Files/main/Community_sway-EOS-Plain-No-ARM_Edition.png "

" https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Shjim-Arch/Files/main/EOS-Sway_Community-ARM-Edition.png "

" https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Shjim-Arch/Files/main/EOS-Sway_Community-No-ARM-Edition-4.png "

your choose :blush:

2 x arm + 2 x no arm … Arm logo colour,font,spacing from ARM website

1 Like