Suitable Introductory Title

Being fed up with restart times on Windows 10 after ~7 years, I recently decided to install Linux (some 2 weeks ago). I had started with Linux Mint, which had never failed me in the past, but that which I never used for more than a few days because I was too young to understand computers. Come now to the present, I began learning Linux with Mint. Yet, here I am on the EndeavourOS forum page because I switched from Mint in an effort to subdue my interest in Arch! I also like the neofetch ASCII art.

I have set up my laptop and gotten somewhat comfortable with the corresponding repositories, but I do feel a learning curve greater than that of Mint’s, which I expected.

Do not be disturbed by the profile picture, I will not be disgracing anyone over the internet anytime soon. I hope to find great satisfaction with the EndeavourOS (among the rest of GNU/Linux) community!

7 Likes

:man_detective:
Such a not nice way to start…You glow in the dark! :rofl:

Welcome!

honka_animated-128px-40

1 Like

Linux won’t disappoint…welcome!

1 Like

Hello and welcome @omegaGiga :smiley: Enjoy the purple ride :enos_flag:

1 Like

Welcome @omegaGiga
Nothing wrong with starting on Mint. I don’t think the learning curve ends. It’s just a bigger curve!

2 Likes

welcome into space traveling :enos:
neocities nice webcard :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome and enjoy your stay :hugs: :enos_flag:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @omegaGiga :enos_flag: :enos: ::tada::balloon:

1 Like

A good start.

Well, I have been on Linux since 2000, and distrohopping for almost a year and tried almost everything.
I can say Arch based distros are the best out there (can’t say Arch itself because I couldn’t keep up to install!)
And among Arch based EndeavourOS is absolutely the best. The best community in the first place and the best distro.

You will enjoy the community and EndeavourOS!

So far you are doing great!
Welcome home and enjoy!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like