Show your battlestations

Snack bowl! :eyes: A true gamer’s setup. :popcorn: :cookie: :candy: :chocolate_bar: :lollipop:

my monitor has a gap in the backside of the monitorstand to route the cables through.

I also use an automatic usb switch, so I can use 1 pair of mouse and keyboard over multiple computers, and an automatic hdmi switch, so I can have 4 devices hooked up to my monitor, with only 1 hdmi cable plugged into the monitor itself. The two combined are a poor man’s KVM switch, but it let’s me limit the amount of cables on my desk.

Oh and gaff tape, there’s some strategically placed gaff tape behind my desk to keep the cables from dangling everywhere

4 Likes

Do you have a link for these?
I have been looking for some for a long time now.

USB switch

HDMI switch

These are the ones I use…
both detect automatically if a device is switched on, and they don’t require additional power

4 Likes

battlestation

Nothing special, just old second hand Lenovo micro PCs, even older screens, a lame ass Acer netbook and fortunately you can’t see my cable mismanagement below the desk.

My “good” gaming desktop is in repair right now but also nothing to write home about.

My working systems are EOS Mate and always changing test systems on one of the Lennies … but EOS Mate September release right now since I wanted to see what’s new.

Mice are 2 of my collection of solely tailless Logitech rodents. I shall never go back to wired mice!

KBs are usually 2 Rapid I TKL (brown) by CM Storm, right now my old Logitech standing in for one of those.

Between the screens, a modem/router thingie and tucked behind is the ONT, for our fibre internet. Which is the greatest thing ever! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

That a LianLi case?

Was chosen because it can fit 12 hard drives while not looking out of place in our living room.

2 Likes

You get a :heart: for your Lenovo computers. I have some myself. Lenovo ThinkCentre M710q. Good stuff!

1 Like

Love the yellow wall :heart_eyes::yellow_heart: Yellow is my favourite colour especially that shade.

2 Likes

Here’s my setup:

IMG_20200922_094257

As said above yellow/gold is my favourite colour hence my choice in curtains :yellow_heart: Bought them the other day as I’m in the process of renovating.

P. S I chose MX Linux for my gaming set up as its a stable release. I run EOS on another laptop :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Here’s mine after some cable management:
Battlestation

Yes I am a World of Warcraft player if it was not obvious yet :sweat_smile:

Specs of the desktop (hidden behind the monitors:

• Nvidia RTX 2060 OC 6G
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • Be Quiet! Watercooling
  • Intel Core i5-9400F
  • Asus TUF Z390-PLUS
  • 4TB WD RED HDD
  • 2x 1TB Samsung EVO 850 pro SSD

All is also overclocked through the BIOS.

12 Likes

Qwerty keyboard in Belgium… you rebel :joy:

1 Like

That’s the only real layout if you want to code imo :laughing:

Aren’t you missing some important keys on that small (60% ?) mech keyboard, to do serious coding?

I don’t see what keys you mean.
I’ve never used the function keys and even if I need them, they are one shortcut away.
No keys are missing they are simply hidden behind shortcuts accessible with the function key.

aha!
Never used one of this little keyboards myself, so I didn’t know most of the stuff was just hidden behind shortcuts :sweat_smile:

TIL :grinning:

Basically, this has the same shortcuts as the one I use.
I have the Ducky Mecha Mini, but changed out a lot on it.

20200922_151246

Seems like I have a desk guardian now too!

Who needs lockscreens, when the fat guy is guarding the keyboard? :smiley:

18 Likes

Ah your battle station and it’s guardian, very nice. :rofl:

1 Like

Yes–It’s a LG 32" I bought a couple of years ago…love all the screen area. Looking to buy a 34" curved screen soon-I’m looking at the new Gigabyte G34WQC. The price is very right & 3‎440 x 1440 & 144Hz hit me in the right places :slight_smile: