Should we look to consider EnvyControl for Nvidia Optimus in the wiki?

I haven’t changed my grub in months, so prob no need to rebuild it?

It already has those entries then?

Yeah those entries I have in the grub for Nvidia modest to 1 had been in there since July last year

I really thought this would be just install it and go. :thinking:

1 Like

Well just tell me how to remove this file /etc/X11/xorg.conf ? Is it just sudo pacman -R /etc/X11/xorg.conf or?

no its a file not a package…

but if it is there move it away or remove it:
sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup
or go kill it totally:
sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf

1 Like

sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf

cannot rrmove, no such file or directory

Sorry I’d post better but this is all from my phone

So when you boot it up it went directly to a blinking cursor? There was no log in screen?

It shows my Acer bios screen, shows the Grub and kernel selection screen, then after that is goes to the blinking cursor

Just a passing thought - does gdm need a service running to work? (like lightDM does?) Has it been activated?

It probably does need gdm working because envycontrol works with gdm.

Not sure what else I can do at this point, other they just revert all my changes and go back to Optimus manager

When you removed gdm prime and reinstalled gdm did you enable it?

1 Like

and
systemctl status gdm

What do you mean exactly by enabled it? I installed gdm and libgdm, I’m unaware if there’s anything more I had to do there

sudo systemctl -f enable gdm
will enable GDM

20220225_211447

I enabled gdm like you said and rebooted, but sadly still getting the blinking cursor

sudo envycontrol --switch integrated
? to see if this works… the status do not show issue and say it is using nvidia… but,., GDM fails to run Xsession

i am sry… but will go sleep now… already 3:25 here in Germany… need some sleep :wink:

1 Like