Should Linus(LTT) Pick Endeavour as his Daily Driver?

After getting close to bankruptcy with this easy-of-use nonsense in the late 90s they came to their senses and rebuild everything on *nix which also included a CLI? :upside_down_face:

It was sh!t hardware and zero innovation that got them bankcrupt. :smiley: Also the market wasnā€™t great for them.

Indeed the UNIX-based OS was a huge part of their success on the comeback. and like I said, OSX became popular. The ā€œengineā€ underneath was powerful, but the GUI to match is is the reason why people liked to use it.

2 Likes

ā€œI wanted to test Linux with the Battefield 2042 betaā€

Oh no anything, but that game!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well it wasnā€™t just that game :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would say I liked their honesty with how they felt. If they were gonna put that tweet from 2019, they should have also included a recent one where the developer was thanking Linux users for the complete bug reports and it was helping their job tremendously. Also, Luke mentioned a lot of games donā€™t work day 1 and this is mostly an NVIDIA issue. I do pre-order a lot of games and play on day 1, on AMD they most likely run out of the box with mesa-git and proton experimental or GE (never mentioned once in the videosā€¦).

I did play BF2042 with a few friends on Windows when it came out, but I havenā€™t in a while. I feel like the only game I boot up Windows for is iracing these days since I just pop it open and go sit in my cockpit.

1 Like

Definately not a nvidia issue.

Normal people have no idea about Proton-GE for example.

Forza 5 didnā€™t work on Linux for 5 days, not on nvidia or AMD.