Should I install this AUR package or keep the flatpak version?

Greetings lovely community,

Like I’ve mentioned before I came here from previously using PopOS and Solus. On both of those distros I had to use various flatpaks as there wasn’t always a native package option in some rare cases. So far on EndeavourOS I’ve managed to install all my applications from the Arch repos and a few small select packages from the AUR. I must’ve missed one package in my initial install that I thought I didn’t see in the Arch repos or AUR, so I had installed it via flatpak since that is how I used it before on previous distros. The application I’m referring to is called GWE (GreenWithEnvy): https://gitlab.com/leinardi/gwe

For those that haven’t heard of it before, what is GWE?

GWE is a GTK system utility designed to provide information, control the fans and overclock your NVIDIA video card
and graphics processor.

Now, this is by no means a mission critical application for me. The flatpak version of GWE does work just fine no issues to report. I just use it a few times a week real quick to check my NVIDIA’s GPU temp and it also shows a few other system stats that I find very useful. But since it’s in the AUR and I have the flatpak version, it got me wondering what most users in the Arch-based world would do. Should I stick with the working flatpak version of GWE that I have or should I remove it and give the AUR package a go?

The GWE AUR package is located here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gwe/

Now I can’t tell if the developer that maintains GWE is also the same AUR maintainer, but they do mention on their GitLab that you can install their package via the AUR, so maybe that’s all the confirmation I need to give it a try? I’m just not so certain at the moment what would be best. If anyone could advise me on what’s a good general practice to do please let me know, I appreciate any feedback. I’m totally fine to use a flatpak (it’s literally the only one I have installed on my system), but if it’s always advisable to give the AUR a go, then I can also try that option.

I noticed the AUR package has about 36 upvotes and was updated earlier this year, so I know people use it and it’s actively maintained, but some of the comments on the AUR page make me wonder if it will install okay or if I’ll come across any problems with some of the python packages that are also built from the AUR. Would love some insight into those that have more experience dealing with these sort of things. Thanks for any help!

If the AUR package is good then myself i prefer that than flatpaks. But, that’s just me wanting to stick with mostly the same.

3 Likes

The aur package is pretty simple. It pulls the source from github and builds it.

The first thing you should do is review the pkgbuild.

3 Likes

@ricklinux yeah that was kind of my thought too, which is why I posed this question tonight, just wanted to see what others thought as well

@dalto is there any good resources you can point me towards to reviewing a pkgbuild? I don’t even know where to start on that.

1 Like

I think what @dalto means is to look at the AUR package to see when it was last updated and the upvotes etc? Problems? Not sure what else.

Edit: Or maybe something entirely different? :thinking:

1 Like

I actually didn’t mean any of that. I meant to review the PKGBUILD.

Sometimes they are complicated but this one is pretty simple. The stuff at the top is mostly informational the name, version, etc. This part:

pkgname=gwe
pkgver=0.15.3
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A system utility for controlling NVIDIA GPUs"
arch=('any')
url="https://gitlab.com/leinardi/gwe"
license=('GPL3')

The next part shows you the dependencies:

depends=('gobject-introspection' 'libdazzle' 'libappindicator-gtk3' 'python' 'python-cairo' 'python-gobject' 'python-injector' 'python-matplotlib' 'python-peewee' 'python-py3nvml' 'python-requests' 'python-rx' 'python-pyxdg' 'python-xlib')
makedepends=('meson' 'appstream-glib')

Unless you specifically are concerned about the deps, there isn’t much to be worried about there either.

The next part is probably the most important. The source array tells you where the source of the package is coming from:

source=("https://gitlab.com/leinardi/gwe/-/archive/$pkgver/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz")

In this case, it appears to come from the official gitlab page.

The next line is the checksums that is used to make sure the package is valid and the same as when they packager updated the PKGBUILD.

Here is the rest of it:

build() {
	if [[ -d "$srcdir/build" ]]; then
		rm -rf "$srcdir/build"
	fi
	meson --prefix /usr --buildtype=plain "$pkgname-$pkgver" build
	ninja -C build
}

check() {
	ninja -C build test
}

package() {
	DESTDIR="$pkgdir" ninja -C build install
}

That builds the source and then installs the results into the package.

10 Likes

That’s almost a forensic analysis. :laughing:

Oh wow dude, you managed to look up and type all that out in the same amount of time that it took me to go outside to give the wild stray cat that lives near us some food and water! Looks like I already have most of those packages installed on my system except for a few anyways. So looks like I’ll remove the flatpak, update my system, and give this GWE AUR package a go since it seems rather simple enough. Thanks for going above and beyond in answering man. I’ll update back in a few short minutes if it’s successful or not. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Always for me.

Repos > AUR > flatpak > appimage

NEVER snaps

Looks like it was a success! Removed the flatpak version and installed the AUR version with yay -S gwe and it downloaded and built in under a minute and I loaded it up and it looks like everything is working as intended! So for the first time in like at least 2 years, I oddly now have a flatpak free system all thanks to everyone’s help. Thanks so very much! This forum is addictive! :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s my install/build output in case anyone is curious to see how it went:

[scott@endeavourOS ~]$ yay -S gwe
:: There are 2 providers available for python-injector:
:: Repository AUR
    1) python-injector 2) python-injector-git 

Enter a number (default=1): 1
:: Checking for conflicts...
:: Checking for inner conflicts...
[Repo:10]  python-typing_extensions-3.10.0.0-1  python-cycler-0.10.0-8  python-dateutil-2.8.2-1  python-kiwisolver-1.3.1-3  python-numpy-1.20.3-1  qhull-2020.2-4  python-matplotlib-3.4.2-3  python-peewee-3.14.4-1  python-rx-3.2.0-1  python-xlib-0.31-1
[Aur:3]  python-injector-0.18.4-1  python-py3nvml-0.2.6-1  gwe-0.15.3-1

:: Downloaded PKGBUILD (1/3): python-py3nvml
:: Downloaded PKGBUILD (2/3): python-injector
:: Downloaded PKGBUILD (3/3): gwe
  3 python-injector                  (Build Files Exist)
  2 python-py3nvml                   (Build Files Exist)
  1 gwe                              (Build Files Exist)
==> Diffs to show?
==> [N]one [A]ll [Ab]ort [I]nstalled [No]tInstalled or (1 2 3, 1-3, ^4)
==> 
:: (1/3) Parsing SRCINFO: python-injector
:: (2/3) Parsing SRCINFO: python-py3nvml
:: (3/3) Parsing SRCINFO: gwe
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Package (10)                        New Version  Net Change  Download Size

community/python-cycler             0.10.0-8       0.05 MiB       0.01 MiB
community/python-dateutil           2.8.2-1        0.81 MiB       0.28 MiB
community/python-kiwisolver         1.3.1-3        0.16 MiB       0.06 MiB
community/python-matplotlib         3.4.2-3       22.02 MiB       4.99 MiB
extra/python-numpy                  1.20.3-1      28.54 MiB       4.58 MiB
community/python-peewee             3.14.4-1       1.68 MiB       0.36 MiB
community/python-rx                 3.2.0-1        1.85 MiB       0.23 MiB
community/python-typing_extensions  3.10.0.0-1     0.27 MiB       0.05 MiB
community/python-xlib               0.31-1         1.47 MiB       0.23 MiB
extra/qhull                         2020.2-4       6.82 MiB       1.14 MiB

Total Download Size:   11.93 MiB
Total Installed Size:  63.68 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
:: Retrieving packages...
 python-cycler-0.10.0-8-any                                                             12.6 KiB  25.8 KiB/s 00:00 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 python-typing_extensions-3.10.0.0-1-any                                                47.0 KiB  81.1 KiB/s 00:01 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 python-kiwisolver-1.3.1-3-x86_64                                                       57.4 KiB  73.6 KiB/s 00:01 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 python-dateutil-2.8.2-1-any                                                           288.7 KiB   121 KiB/s 00:02 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 python-rx-3.2.0-1-any                                                                 232.9 KiB   146 KiB/s 00:02 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 python-peewee-3.14.4-1-x86_64                                                         368.4 KiB   106 KiB/s 00:03 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 python-xlib-0.31-1-any                                                                240.0 KiB   169 KiB/s 00:01 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 qhull-2020.2-4-x86_64                                                                1169.1 KiB   190 KiB/s 00:06 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 python-matplotlib-3.4.2-3-x86_64                                                        5.0 MiB   546 KiB/s 00:09 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 python-numpy-1.20.3-1-x86_64                                                            4.6 MiB   157 KiB/s 00:30 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 Total (10/10)                                                                          11.9 MiB   409 KiB/s 00:30 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(10/10) checking keys in keyring                                                                                   [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(10/10) checking package integrity                                                                                 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(10/10) loading package files                                                                                      [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(10/10) checking for file conflicts                                                                                [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(10/10) checking available disk space                                                                              [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
( 1/10) installing python-typing_extensions                                                                        [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
( 2/10) installing python-cycler                                                                                   [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
( 3/10) installing python-dateutil                                                                                 [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
( 4/10) installing python-kiwisolver                                                                               [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
( 5/10) installing python-numpy                                                                                    [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
Optional dependencies for python-numpy
    python-nose: testsuite
    openblas: faster linear algebra
( 6/10) installing qhull                                                                                           [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
( 7/10) installing python-matplotlib                                                                               [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
Optional dependencies for python-matplotlib
    tk: Tk{Agg,Cairo} backends
    pyside2: alternative for Qt5{Agg,Cairo} backends
    python-pyqt5: Qt5{Agg,Cairo} backends
    python-gobject: for GTK3{Agg,Cairo} backend [installed]
    python-wxpython: WX{,Agg,Cairo} backend
    python-cairo: {GTK3,Qt5,Tk,WX}Cairo backends [installed]
    python-cairocffi: alternative for Cairo backends
    python-tornado: WebAgg backend
    ffmpeg: for saving movies [installed]
    imagemagick: for saving animated gifs [installed]
    ghostscript: usetex dependencies [installed]
    texlive-bin: usetex dependencies
    texlive-latexextra: usetex usage with pdflatex
    python-certifi: https support
( 8/10) installing python-peewee                                                                                   [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
Optional dependencies for python-peewee
    python-psycopg2: for PostgreSQL database support
    mysql-python: for MySQL database support
( 9/10) installing python-rx                                                                                       [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(10/10) installing python-xlib                                                                                     [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
==> Making package: python-injector 0.18.4-1 (Thu 12 Aug 2021 10:40:48 PM EDT)
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Downloading injector-0.18.4.tar.gz...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
100 23230  100 23230    0     0  91589      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 91589
  -> Downloading COPYING...
100  1499  100  1499    0     0   7133      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  7172
==> Validating source files with sha256sums...
    injector-0.18.4.tar.gz ... Passed
    COPYING ... Passed
==> Making package: python-py3nvml 0.2.6-1 (Thu 12 Aug 2021 10:40:50 PM EDT)
  -> Downloading py3nvml-0.2.6.tar.gz...
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
100 57550  100 57550    0     0   168k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  168k
  -> Downloading LICENSE...
100  1533  100  1533    0     0   7400      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  7441
    py3nvml-0.2.6.tar.gz ... Passed
    LICENSE ... Passed
==> Making package: gwe 0.15.3-1 (Thu 12 Aug 2021 10:40:51 PM EDT)
  -> Downloading gwe-0.15.3.tar.gz...
100  357k    0  357k    0     0   638k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  639k
    gwe-0.15.3.tar.gz ... Passed
 -> python-typing_extensions not satisfied, flushing install queue
==> Making package: python-injector 0.18.4-1 (Thu 12 Aug 2021 10:40:53 PM EDT)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
  -> Found injector-0.18.4.tar.gz
  -> Found COPYING
    injector-0.18.4.tar.gz ... Passed
    COPYING ... Passed
==> Removing existing $srcdir/ directory...
==> Extracting sources...
  -> Extracting injector-0.18.4.tar.gz with bsdtar
==> Sources are ready.
==> Making package: python-injector 0.18.4-1 (Thu 12 Aug 2021 10:40:56 PM EDT)
==> WARNING: Using existing $srcdir/ tree
==> Starting build()...
/home/scott/.cache/yay/python-injector/src/injector-0.18.4/setup.py:42: ImportWarning: Could not locate pandoc, using Markdown long_description.
  warnings.warn('Could not locate pandoc, using Markdown long_description.', ImportWarning)
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build/lib
creating build/lib/injector
copying injector/__init__.py -> build/lib/injector
copying injector/py.typed -> build/lib/injector
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package()...
/home/scott/.cache/yay/python-injector/src/injector-0.18.4/setup.py:42: ImportWarning: Could not locate pandoc, using Markdown long_description.
  warnings.warn('Could not locate pandoc, using Markdown long_description.', ImportWarning)
running install
running install_lib
creating /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-injector/pkg/python-injector/usr/lib
creating /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-injector/pkg/python-injector/usr/lib/python3.9
creating /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-injector/pkg/python-injector/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages
creating /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-injector/pkg/python-injector/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/injector
copying build/lib/injector/py.typed -> /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-injector/pkg/python-injector/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/injector
copying build/lib/injector/__init__.py -> /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-injector/pkg/python-injector/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/injector
byte-compiling /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-injector/pkg/python-injector/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/injector/__init__.py to __init__.cpython-39.pyc
writing byte-compilation script '/tmp/tmpbkzbq590.py'
/usr/bin/python /tmp/tmpbkzbq590.py
removing /tmp/tmpbkzbq590.py
running install_egg_info
running egg_info
writing injector.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing dependency_links to injector.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
writing requirements to injector.egg-info/requires.txt
writing top-level names to injector.egg-info/top_level.txt
reading manifest file 'injector.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
writing manifest file 'injector.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
Copying injector.egg-info to /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-injector/pkg/python-injector/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/injector-0.18.4-py3.9.egg-info
running install_scripts
==> Tidying install...
  -> Removing libtool files...
  -> Purging unwanted files...
  -> Removing static library files...
  -> Stripping unneeded symbols from binaries and libraries...
  -> Compressing man and info pages...
==> Checking for packaging issues...
==> Creating package "python-injector"...
  -> Generating .PKGINFO file...
  -> Generating .BUILDINFO file...
  -> Generating .MTREE file...
  -> Compressing package...
==> Leaving fakeroot environment.
==> Finished making: python-injector 0.18.4-1 (Thu 12 Aug 2021 10:40:58 PM EDT)
==> Cleaning up...
loading packages...

Package (1)      New Version  Net Change

python-injector  0.18.4-1       0.15 MiB

Total Installed Size:  0.15 MiB

(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                                     [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                                   [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                                                        [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                                  [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                                                                [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) installing python-injector                                                                                   [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
==> Making package: python-py3nvml 0.2.6-1 (Thu 12 Aug 2021 10:40:59 PM EDT)
  -> Found py3nvml-0.2.6.tar.gz
  -> Found LICENSE
    py3nvml-0.2.6.tar.gz ... Passed
    LICENSE ... Passed
  -> Extracting py3nvml-0.2.6.tar.gz with bsdtar
==> Sources are ready.
==> Making package: python-py3nvml 0.2.6-1 (Thu 12 Aug 2021 10:41:01 PM EDT)
==> Starting build()...
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build/lib
creating build/lib/py3nvml
copying py3nvml/utils.py -> build/lib/py3nvml
copying py3nvml/__init__.py -> build/lib/py3nvml
copying py3nvml/py3nvml.py -> build/lib/py3nvml
copying py3nvml/nvidia_smi.py -> build/lib/py3nvml
running build_scripts
creating build/scripts-3.9
copying and adjusting scripts/py3smi -> build/scripts-3.9
changing mode of build/scripts-3.9/py3smi from 644 to 755
running install
running install_lib
creating /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/lib
creating /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/lib/python3.9
creating /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages
creating /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/py3nvml
copying build/lib/py3nvml/utils.py -> /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/py3nvml
copying build/lib/py3nvml/__init__.py -> /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/py3nvml
copying build/lib/py3nvml/py3nvml.py -> /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/py3nvml
copying build/lib/py3nvml/nvidia_smi.py -> /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/py3nvml
byte-compiling /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/py3nvml/utils.py to utils.cpython-39.pyc
byte-compiling /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/py3nvml/__init__.py to __init__.cpython-39.pyc
byte-compiling /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/py3nvml/py3nvml.py to py3nvml.cpython-39.pyc
byte-compiling /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/py3nvml/nvidia_smi.py to nvidia_smi.cpython-39.pyc
writing byte-compilation script '/tmp/tmps6yxw7a5.py'
/usr/bin/python /tmp/tmps6yxw7a5.py
removing /tmp/tmps6yxw7a5.py
running install_egg_info
running egg_info
writing py3nvml.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing dependency_links to py3nvml.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
writing requirements to py3nvml.egg-info/requires.txt
writing top-level names to py3nvml.egg-info/top_level.txt
reading manifest file 'py3nvml.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
adding license file 'LICENSE'
writing manifest file 'py3nvml.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
Copying py3nvml.egg-info to /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/py3nvml-0.2.6-py3.9.egg-info
running install_scripts
creating /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/bin
copying build/scripts-3.9/py3smi -> /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/bin
changing mode of /home/scott/.cache/yay/python-py3nvml/pkg/python-py3nvml/usr/bin/py3smi to 755
==> Tidying install...
==> Creating package "python-py3nvml"...
==> Finished making: python-py3nvml 0.2.6-1 (Thu 12 Aug 2021 10:41:04 PM EDT)
==> Cleaning up...
 -> python-injector not satisfied, flushing install queue
loading packages...

Package (1)     New Version  Net Change

python-py3nvml  0.2.6-1        0.78 MiB

Total Installed Size:  0.78 MiB

(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                                     [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                                   [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                                                        [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                                  [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                                                                [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) installing python-py3nvml                                                                                    [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
==> Making package: gwe 0.15.3-1 (Thu 12 Aug 2021 10:41:05 PM EDT)
  -> Found gwe-0.15.3.tar.gz
    gwe-0.15.3.tar.gz ... Passed
  -> Extracting gwe-0.15.3.tar.gz with bsdtar
==> Sources are ready.
==> Making package: gwe 0.15.3-1 (Thu 12 Aug 2021 10:41:07 PM EDT)
==> Starting build()...
The Meson build system
Version: 0.59.0
Source dir: /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3
Build dir: /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/build
Build type: native build
Project name: gwe
Project version: 0.15.3
Host machine cpu family: x86_64
Host machine cpu: x86_64
Found pkg-config: /usr/bin/pkg-config (1.7.3)
Run-time dependency gobject-introspection-1.0 found: YES 1.68.0
WARNING: Project targeting '>= 0.45.1' but tried to use feature introduced in '0.50.0': install arg in configure_file.
Configuring com.leinardi.gwe.desktop using configuration
Configuring com.leinardi.gwe.service using configuration
Found pkg-config: /usr/bin/pkg-config (1.7.3)
Program glib-compile-resources found: YES (/usr/bin/glib-compile-resources)
Program glib-compile-schemas found: YES (/usr/bin/glib-compile-schemas)
Configuring gwe using configuration
Program /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/build/bin/gwe found: YES (/home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/build/bin/gwe)
Program scripts/meson_post_install.py found: YES (/home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/scripts/meson_post_install.py)
Build targets in project: 3
WARNING: Project specifies a minimum meson_version '>= 0.45.1' but uses features which were added in newer versions:
 * 0.50.0: {'install arg in configure_file'}

Found ninja-1.10.2 at /usr/bin/ninja
ninja: Entering directory `build'
[1/1] Generating com.leinardi.gwe_gresource with a custom command
==> Starting check()...
[0/1] Running all tests.
No tests defined.
[0/1] Installing files.
Installing subdir /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/__main__.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/conf.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/di.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/app.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/repository/nvidia_repository.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/repository
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/repository/__init__.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/repository
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/presenter/edit_fan_profile_presenter.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/presenter
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/presenter/historical_data_presenter.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/presenter
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/presenter/preferences_presenter.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/presenter
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/presenter/__init__.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/presenter
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/presenter/edit_overclock_profile_presenter.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/presenter
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/presenter/main_presenter.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/presenter
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/util/view.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/util/concurrency.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/util/desktop_entry.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/util/path.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/util/__init__.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/util/log.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/util/udev.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/util/deployment.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/util/desktop/__init__.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util/desktop
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/util/desktop/desktop_parser.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util/desktop
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/fan_profile_type.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/current_fan_profile.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/current_overclock_profile.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/info.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/fan_profile.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/power.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/clocks.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/fan.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/overclock_profile.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/__init__.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/speed_step.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/overclock_profile_type.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/setting.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/gpu_status.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/status.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/temp.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/overclock.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/model/cb_change.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/view/main_view.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/view/graph_stacked_renderer_view.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/view/edit_overclock_profile_view.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/view/edit_fan_profile_view.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/view/historical_data_view.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/view/preferences_view.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/view/__init__.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/interactor/set_overclock_interactor.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/interactor/settings_interactor.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/interactor/check_new_version_interactor.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/interactor/has_nvidia_driver_interactor.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/interactor/set_power_limit_iInteractor.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/interactor/__init__.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/interactor/get_status_interactor.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/gwe/interactor/set_fan_speed_interactor.py to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor
Installing subdir /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/python-xlib/Xlib to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/Xlib
Installing subdir /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/icons/hicolor to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/icons/hicolor
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps/com.leinardi.gwe.png to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/icons/hicolor/24x24@2x/apps/com.leinardi.gwe.png to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/icons/hicolor/24x24@2x/apps
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/icons/hicolor/256x256@2x/apps/com.leinardi.gwe.png to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/icons/hicolor/256x256@2x/apps
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/com.leinardi.gwe.png to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/com.leinardi.gwe.png to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/com.leinardi.gwe.png to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/icons/hicolor/48x48@2x/apps/com.leinardi.gwe.png to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48@2x/apps
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/icons/hicolor/16x16@2x/apps/com.leinardi.gwe.png to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16@2x/apps
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/com.leinardi.gwe.png to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/icons/hicolor/32x32@2x/apps/com.leinardi.gwe.png to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32@2x/apps
Installing data/com.leinardi.gwe.gresource to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/gwe
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/build/data/com.leinardi.gwe.desktop to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/applications
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/build/data/com.leinardi.gwe.service to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/dbus-1/services
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/com.leinardi.gwe.gschema.xml to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/icons/com.leinardi.gwe-symbolic.svg to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/icons/hicolor/symbolic/apps
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/data/com.leinardi.gwe.appdata.xml to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/share/metainfo
Installing /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/build/bin/gwe to /home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/pkg/gwe/usr/bin
Running custom install script '/home/scott/.cache/yay/gwe/src/gwe-0.15.3/scripts/meson_post_install.py'
==> Tidying install...
==> WARNING: Package contains reference to $pkgdir
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/__pycache__/__main__.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/__pycache__/conf.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/__pycache__/di.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/__pycache__/app.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/repository/__pycache__/nvidia_repository.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/repository/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/presenter/__pycache__/edit_fan_profile_presenter.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/presenter/__pycache__/edit_overclock_profile_presenter.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/presenter/__pycache__/preferences_presenter.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/presenter/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/presenter/__pycache__/main_presenter.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/presenter/__pycache__/historical_data_presenter.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util/__pycache__/desktop_entry.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util/__pycache__/log.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util/__pycache__/concurrency.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util/__pycache__/udev.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util/__pycache__/view.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util/__pycache__/path.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util/__pycache__/deployment.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util/desktop/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/util/desktop/__pycache__/desktop_parser.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/status.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/current_fan_profile.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/fan_profile.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/overclock_profile.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/speed_step.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/current_overclock_profile.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/clocks.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/info.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/fan.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/overclock.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/fan_profile_type.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/power.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/gpu_status.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/setting.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/cb_change.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/temp.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/model/__pycache__/overclock_profile_type.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view/__pycache__/main_view.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view/__pycache__/graph_stacked_renderer_view.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view/__pycache__/edit_fan_profile_view.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view/__pycache__/historical_data_view.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view/__pycache__/preferences_view.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/view/__pycache__/edit_overclock_profile_view.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor/__pycache__/get_status_interactor.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor/__pycache__/set_overclock_interactor.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor/__pycache__/set_power_limit_iInteractor.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor/__pycache__/settings_interactor.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor/__pycache__/set_fan_speed_interactor.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor/__pycache__/has_nvidia_driver_interactor.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gwe/interactor/__pycache__/check_new_version_interactor.cpython-39.opt-2.pyc
==> Creating package "gwe"...
==> Finished making: gwe 0.15.3-1 (Thu 12 Aug 2021 10:41:11 PM EDT)
==> Cleaning up...
loading packages...

Package (1)  New Version  Net Change

gwe          0.15.3-1       0.52 MiB

Total Installed Size:  0.52 MiB

(1/1) installing gwe                                                                                               [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/4) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/4) Compiling GSettings XML schema files...
(3/4) Updating icon theme caches...
(4/4) Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...
[scott@endeavourOS ~]$ 
2 Likes

i think there are some threads about flatpak vs AUR already. Just search the forum. On Arch (based) systems, i usually prefer AUR packages as well. You get a native package and you can manage (like update) all packages, repo or AUR via yay. Flatpaks need to be updated seperately. So it’s a little bit more convenient. On the other hand, its not much fun to build something like a browser (-> ungoogled-chromium, brave…) from the AUR. That can take hours. That’s where a flatpak may be more convenient :laughing:

Of course there are more pros and cons for both, the AUR and flatpaks, but as mentioned at the beginning, just search the forum to find the related threads :wink:

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why? I’ve never used any of these and I’m not a fan of the bloated and opaque system that I feel would result from using too many of these, but I don’t know all too much about the differences between the three.

I like flatpaks better than appimage because your can update them in terminal still. Appimage just is until you go and delete and re download a new one.

Snaps. Ugh. @keybreak or @Kresimir do you all have that link to the thread why snaps are terrible?

3 Likes

ALWAYS :rofl:

4 Likes

I love snaps. It is convenient that Canonical is tracking all my application usage so I don’t have to. :lying_face:

5 Likes

Ah. Say no more. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

You’re starting to sound like me! I love the cynicism!!

There we go. I’m on my phone and don’t have a lot of my saved pages available.

2 Likes