Share Your Linux Memes

Which model? 2018 and later need some tweaks but anything older usually works beatifully after installing WiFi driver.
I have Air Early 2015 and Arch Linux works nicely.

1 Like

mgfmx4k71lw81

7 Likes

Before PipeWire

ng83m

11 Likes

Market share

the year zero of the Linux desktop

4 Likes

Since when is ā€œfolderā€ wrong terminology?

1 Like

Itā€™s just elitism.

Simps be like:

7 Likes

Anon tires to download Linux

3 Likes

This is me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

How about when KDE imitates GNOME?

Nicco Loves Linux GNOME

:rofl:

1 Like

Still the same

thatā€™s funny

It is best for such users to remain on windoze, both for them and for everyone using Linux.

1 Like

Maybe. But then Linux Desktop will forever be under 5% I guess.

2 Likes

Good!
honka_animated-128px-41

1 Like

Good for whom or for what?

Wellā€¦Iā€™m of the opinion that those who canā€™t pass elementary (in 2022 it really is!) barrier for entry in GNU/Linux - probably shouldnā€™t be using it, until / if ready to accept ethics and culture of what makes it great.

Also, itā€™s not numbers that makes operating system great (although numbers of Linux for servers and mobile systems are undeniable :laughing:)

Soā€¦back to school, kids!

honka_animated-128px-48

2 Likes

I agree.
I understand proselytizing Linux because you really think people are missing out, but not doing it for the sake of numbers. Bigger numbers can backfire.

2 Likes

Itā€™s the current year! :rofl:

Just to preempt any brainlet criticising you for ā€œelitismā€, which inevitably happens once one presents this argument, Iā€™d like to point out that in the current year, the barrier to entry into the GNU/Linux world is so absurdly low, that we are really better off without those who are unable or unwilling to surmount it. I do think we should continue to proselytise Linux to people, mainly because using a Free operating system will improve their lives, but we should make no excuses for those who have declined the invitation. At this point, this is not a shortcoming of various distrosā€¦

Such position might have well been called ā€œelitismā€ some 15-20 years ago, but nowadays, such name-calling is done only by the individuals with the lowest IQ. :frog:

1 Like

I doubt that more than 95% of users are too dumb to use Linux.
And I still donā€™t get why itā€™s ā€œgoodā€ that so little ppl use Linux on desktop.

wherever there is traction there is money to be made. where there is money to be made is where the vultures gather.

3 Likes