Share Your Desktop

yea you may simple watch out of your winows to get the picture :sunrise:

1 Like

This is first time ever for me that I have stuck with Plasma for more than a couple of days (and I am really enjoying it). Consequently, my first attempts at sort of a customization. Still I have to look for other icon themes.

my-plasma

13 Likes

What’s that processor settings? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

:wink:

1 Like

Oh, i haven’t tested it yet…Looks nice :+1:

2 Likes

Nearly 2000 posts. . . Maybe it’s time to do a monthly showcase thread? Or seasonal at least?

12 Likes

Screenshot_2020-09-04_11-03-36

Screenshot_2020-09-04_11-03-13

Still love the rounded tabs in Firefox

11 Likes

What would be awesome is to replace those displays with actual conkys, but in perspective (but as far as I know, can’t be done with default conky). :smiley:

4 Likes

Not by default - but lua can handle skewing and so on - if you have the Cairo knowledge to make it happen. Conky can have lua/cairo bindings if you choose…

3 Likes

2020-09-02-@19-00-29-scrot

12 Likes

This is only a VM, but I just installed 9front, a fork/continuation of the old Bell Labs Plan 9 operating system.

It’s a bit, er, limited as an OS, but it does come with a nice terminal-based web browser called mothra that works just fine. Well, it works. Mostly.

plan9front_endeavourOS

I admit it’s not very practical, but it sure is fun, in a very old-school type of way.

Not for the faint of heart, nor for anyone looking for anything resembling a modern OS.

If you’re at all interested:
9front FAQs 01
9front FAQs 02

plan9front_why

20 Likes

4 Likes

Mess about with gimp for wallpaper

2020-09-04-22:15:51-screenshot

13 Likes

is this i3 ? or openbox?

it i3

great panel… looks like i3-blocks … i never try to use transparency on it…

Are you sharing this wallpaper :wink:

it polybar . better than i3 blocks

o.k. polybar have transparency per default, i try that also, but i do like the simple config of i3-blocks.

It is also - somehow …

1 Like