Share Your Desktop

It been while that i no use sway. So I install EOS ARM sway on Pinebook pro on uSD card.

@BluishHumility nice updates to it you do ( it a credit to Endeavouros ) . It run smooth ,fast + everything work . It nice it keep to the basics :+1:

it no my thing , still nice to try sway out on device that no built for general public.

20 Likes

At first glance, I thought that was a screenshot from Grim Dawn!

Minisforum v3 with hyprland and waybar.

10 Likes

I am guessing you are using plasma DE?
To change the panel width just right click on panel and choose “show panel configuration” then choose “custom” from the drop down menu under “width”. This will then show the sliders for adjusting width.

4 Likes

Final bit of tweaking my EOS Cinnamon install.

13 Likes

Been enjoying Riverwm as part of my Void experiment. It is dead simple like BSPWM and has DWM-like tag system which is awesome!

Worst part is that I absolutely hate change because I need to replicate my workflow :smiley:

12 Likes

With bspwm for me it was hard as hell becuase the half dozen packages I had to install and configure personally (sway, pi, 4 more etc) and half-write their whole config files…I admire this KISS here.

I thought I was the only one that hunted the hobby obscure .I am nursing a deb cutout called FunOS that looks NOWHERE as imaginative as Lilidog. Nice.

tell me about the dock :slight_smile: .thanks!

what a magnificent thread, all of you

1 Like

Moved over to a clean Arch install this week. Giving Budgie a try :smiley: works great on a tablet+stylus setup

18 Likes

love it

So after testing … on new laptop … its now Plasma wit krohnite.
Bay bay hyprland utill its more “deweloped” stable with not changing config principles every week .
Im still fighting the right shortcut and still most stuff in default :slight_smile: but it will work.

11 Likes

Refreshed wallpaper, icons, and colors

15 Likes

Here is my desktop. I use some scripts and conkies.
LEFT SIDE

1. Gis-weather shows the weather right over my head.
  2. AstroNerd conky shows solar activity in real time, 5 clothest to Earth asteroids with sizes and distances, and Moon phases.
    CENTER
  3. The image of Earth changes automatically each 15 minutes and shows images from GOES16 satellite. The image is composed over the picture of the starry sky.
    RIGHT SIDE
  4. AutomatiK conky shows the system parameters, and photo frame widget at the bottom right shows any images I want.
20 Likes

19 Likes

Lowe hyprland :slight_smile: … Nice … almoust every easy install dots have ZSH … :frowning: … bloatware for system youst from start :smiley: :smiley: … No i understand why … fish is better :smiley:

1 Like

badass setup what de are you using?

i have no idea how to use hyperland but your shit is wicked maybe i should investigate or explore it when i got time idk it looks cool asf though

I didn’t understand you.
I’m using KDE Plasma 6.1.5

Gis-Weather. Better use version 0.8.4.1 (works smooth)

AstroNerd Conky

Goes16-background (it hangs over South America, USA visible partly)

OR

HIMAWARIPY (it hangs over Australia, nothing special to see)

AutomatiK conky

2 Likes

Plasma 6, otto theme, rofi and polonium tiling.

16 Likes

Just asking, what does fish do better than bash or zsh?

Everything !! :slight_smile:
More easy … hints and others . And over zsh or bash you dont need lots of pluigins or complicated config (over zsh) , ewerything youst works :-). How it should.

1 Like