Share Your Desktop

This looks very nice and everything I find and read about it looks good as well. I don’t think I’ll take the 2-3 hours to compile it myself, but a fiddling around in a VM once I can instasll it “normally” sounds like fun! We’ll see if it can get me off of BSPWM, but I’m not holding my breath.

2 Likes

is it a re-write or fork of Gnome? Or is it something else all together?

From my understanding it is a new DE built with rust (might be wrong on that, bit lazy to search rn) With features from GNOME but also features from the extensions PopOS uses
This may be wrong but yer 30 seconds in a search engine will tell ya

1 Like

I prefer gnome-based DE’s and I do hear a lot of buzz around it. Seems like it’s in it’s infancy right now (outside Pop) so I will wait and see. thanks for responding.

1 Like

Yer this is why I’ll be trying in a VM, prefer to be safe than sorry

Greeze. A very nice color scheme, based on Breeze, follows the color scheme. Today a color update for the widget PanelColorizer

12 Likes

Fresh install and I felt like jazzing it up a bit

“Endeavastator”

19 Likes

17 Likes

I really like how this looks

1 Like

Thanks!

I really enjoy minimal, uncluttered desktops. So no app -menus / -launchers, no icons on the screen or on the panel. Just a minimal panel with the systray and a few applets. Krunner is in charge of searching and launching everything.

2 Likes

Yes as you might have seen from my screenshots I like to keep things pretty simple relying on krunner and a few shortcuts to launch most things.

1 Like

My current setup. Mostly just been using the default KDE experience EndeavourOS provides and adding stuff as needed. I’ve used Windows for years and old habits die hard.

15 Likes

what widget is the desktop clock? your setup looks amazing btw

that zsh theme looks wonderful. mind sharing the fast fetch config?

1 Like

Thanks :sunglasses: No problem at all, I’ll zap it to you this evening when I get home from work. :+1:

1 Like

A few comments related to politics have been removed. Please try to keep the thread on-topic.

Please keep the political stuff out of this forum; there are plenty of other places on the internet for that kind of thing.

9 Likes

I was doing some housekeeping on my server and I found this image labeled
AntergosScreenshot.png

I can’t say what Desktop Environment that was.

Pudge

16 Likes

:bird: ?

1 Like

Looks like GNOME with dash-to-panel installed.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks! That’s the ClearClock widget.

1 Like