Share Your Desktop

the city skyline, the launch, the two moons, the brightening of the surrounding area of launch, the milky way looking clouds–and all in that lovely EndeavourPurple TM [they should copyright] but the italics distract me, doesn’t seem the right fit. all else stellar.

The moment when the design leads to lost usability…

I don’t understand. Care to explain?

There is like zero contrast inside the Konsole window, due to the background color, color of the letters and the transparency. Looks cool as hell, but is not easy to read. Imho Usability is more important that cool looks, but that is just my opinion.

2 Likes

Understood. I’ve been using transparent terminals for as long as I can remember, so I’m used to it. I almost always use maximized windows, so the bulk of the text comes through better.

I suspect that the usability is more a function of age than anything else (including familiarity!). Speaking as an old guy, of course… :grin:

2 Likes

That’s right!

• hatchery - hyprland •

13 Likes

Interesting. I was reading there’s some hoops to jump thru to get hyprland on Debian stable because it’s too old. Very cool and well done.

Do you really need such a huge swap partition?

Definitely not, I chose the swap with hibernate option by mistake during install. I’m going to change it to swap to file when I get a minute. :+1::blush:

EnOS Maté with BlackMATE theme on Odroid N2 (not PLUS) ARM device. I used Gnome 2 from the time it came out until Gnome 3. It still has a soft spot in my heart, and Maté is the closest one can come to Gnome 2.

Pudge

21 Likes

On my Zorin 17 Box today…

13 Likes

14 Likes

I been try wayland on Rpi5 , think river fit my need ( no need bloat or fancy thing )

just Dark plain wallpaper + no want/need bar

19 Likes

Starting to play around with waybar theming. For this one, I color-sampled the displayed wallpaper using hyprpicker and used a solid waybar with 80% opacity. Image was found on DeviantArt

17 Likes

Great wallpaper!.. :smile:

Love that wallpaper! :smiley:

Those colours :ok_hand:
nod

1 Like

My latest desktop. I have never liked floating panels, but somehow it fits well to my art deco style wallpaper… :slightly_smiling_face:

21 Likes