Share Your Desktop

Didn’t I tell you to cut it off allready? Maaaaan your set ups…

1 Like

only two plasmoids changed this time…it’s really unbelievable how much time you can lose in it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hey guys,

Been spending a lot of time in nano and I just need a better text editor that’ll help me feel a little more at home in my workspace. Any suggestions for programs and themes/dotfiles?

This is my first forum post! Yay! I have been with EOS for just over a year, making the exodus from LM. I have to say that this distro is freaking awesome! It is a tinkerer’s dream! :slight_smile: Having come from LM I have been using Cinnamon DE on EOS making my transition and workflow easy. However, as of late, I have become bored with the look and feel of my DE and decided to tinker with AwesomeWM on EOS in a VM, creating an EOS-centric theme, before committing the changes to my PC. Here’s a look at what I have done so far with AwesomeWM! Its been awesome messing with Awesome! :smiley:

Credits go out to:
theme base: https://github.com/lcpz/awesome-copycats
power button: https://github.com/streetturtle/awesome-wm-widgets/tree/master/logout-menu-widget
wibar icons: https://www.flaticon.com/authors/rikas-dzihab
EOS community wallpapers
and all the Reddit forum posts on AwesomeWM.

16 Likes

@Bukabuka Welcome - looks awesome indeed.

1 Like

Welcome to the dark side. :wave:

1 Like

It will be my first full year of daily driving Linux in like a week or ten days :partying_face: I’ve had an overall pleasant experience with Linux so far. I did face several harsh months of freezes, segfaults and everything in between, but that was due to a bad RAM stick! Errors and bugs I’ve been able to either solve or live through (or well, roll back :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

I’m now extremely comfortable with this look and feel. Stock Adwaita color scheme with wallpaper changes every few weeks - everything I usually need are on the left dock, if I’m too lazy to grab my mouse I’ll just hit Super key and type the first two-three letters of what I need and they’re right there; Fn+F11/F12 for kitty depending on my keyboard; when I’m not using it on my lap it’s plugged in to a dock (battery set to charge under 55 and stop at 60). I’ve also configured VPN so I can easily click on the VPN toggle from the GNOME Control Center whenever I need to start it. Easy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Depends on what you prefer:

• vim/neovim/vi - drives me insane, it is a modal editor
  • micro - simple terminal editor with “windows” style shortcuts. My backup editor.
  • emacs - my preference - Biiiig learning curve, configures in a form of lisp.

I don’t get on with modal editors, steam comes out of my ears and the computer gets thrown across the room :rofl:

Emacs FTW.

1 Like

This looks awesome! Love the wallpaper!

Found on wallhaven.cc

1 Like

Newly installed and as always (for several years) impeccable!
The developers’ work is unbeatable!
Thank you so much !!
Semper Fi

5 Likes

Did the deed and swapped from sway to Hyprland. Get Hypr! :grin:

Edit: Should’ve colored the Waybar icons the same color as the terminal background… :eyes:

10 Likes

Getting Hyprland functionally pretty dialed in to where I want it now. Any remaining tweaks will just be just subtle refinements as I use it.

9 Likes

Installed Hyprland alongside KDE Plasma which went perfectly fine with this scipt:

Afterwards I applied this one to get all the visual magic and stuff:

I would say it looks just great:

15 Likes

same old, just aesthetic variation → latest KDE.

13 Likes

I wanted to give a heart, but for some reason I facepalmed, god damn discourse, and I can’t take it back for some reason… instead I got a first reaction badge for this… sorry man, looks really nice!!!

No worries :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s sweet eye candy! :star_struck:

Nothing unusual. KDE on Endeavour OS works so nicely! I’ve tried Wayland numerous times, but can’t get excited about it. Kwin(X11) is fine for me :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

21 Likes