Share Your Desktop

Found a nice colorscheme for Plasma on Reddit called Solar-Storm

I use it with Lightly, Nordzy Icons, Eventcalendar.
This is much more neat than my setup before. Really love it.

Wallpaper on Imgur

13 Likes

4 Likes

A wallpaper change and some conky work on my ArchBang install.

4 Likes

mein aktueller Desktop tuxedo os

Das dock unten ist eine fensterleist nur mit symbolen

4 Likes

wallpaper game looks absolutely stinky poopoo, love it.

KDE Plasma on a Radxa Rock 5b with 16 GB Ram ARM device. Installed on a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB NVME.

Power usage at the wall receptacle =
6 Watts at idle with the NVME
4 Watts at idle with a 128 GB micro SD card.

Fastest ARM device I have installed so far.

Pudge

EDIT:
Fixed messed up screenshot

7 Likes

Very nice wallpaper

KDE Plasma, Wayland, 34" and 24" (portrait mode) displays. 12 yrs old home built PC.
Superfast, and 1Gbps fiber to home. EOS is now residing on 1GB SSD.

6 Likes

Tried out Silverblue two weeks ago but gave up installing the fingerprint sensor that needs extra work to enable. The firmware just wouldn’t factory reset due to the target directory being read-only. Oh well. Back to Endeavour, maybe I’m meant to stay with the convenience of the Arch(-based) way, not immutable/layered systems (at least not with the hardware I have now!). The back-n-forth installing was good for practice though :innocent: I’m also interested in Debian (testing), Nix, and Alma, they’re for playing around in VMs for now…

Almost a year of daily-driving Linux. Maybe I should celebrate when I hit the first year milestone!

Everforest Dark month. Good old systemd-boot instead of grub; snapper-equipped btrfs system + ext4 data partition; mostly using flatpaks now save for the few things I just can’t get right (f.ex. flatpak Celluloid doesn’t play well with SmartCopyPaste).

7 Likes

7 Likes

Have you looked into BlendOS? Immutable and it allows Arch (and other) packages too…

8 core, 16gb arm device. . . I have a serious feeling like the computers of the future aren’t far from really changing in a big way. Other than really intensive things like gaming or blender, that is so much more computer than the average person needs to just pay bills and shop amazon. That’s an awesome little device.

5 Likes

EndeavourOS with Gnome 45

4 Likes

I have looked into it, however I find the sparse documentation of their unique tools and lack of open forum difficult to bear with (AFAIK they are on Discord only?). Silverblue and its community images (like Ublue) are quite widely used, rpm-ostree along with Fedora quirks are well-documented, and Fedora discussions can be commonly found in their forums and on the net, so that was why it was my main choice. VanillaOS was also very interesting to me, but I’ve not been able to wrap my head around ABRoot yet on top of them being based on Ubuntu 22.10…

But well, I’m happy with my system right now, manually updating once every Friday evening. If I do try to daily drive another non-immutable/layered distro, it will most likely be something Debian (SpiralLinux or Voyager) or Fedora (Ultramarine).

Not if most users keep using Windows, they are just bloating and bloating and bloating their OS so you need better devices. For Linux I find that midrange devices are capable enough

Nice to see some more minimal Hyprland rices because most of them are looking like christmas tree :smiley:

3 Likes

Recent wallpaper and conky setup on my ArchBang install.

8 Likes

I am not that happy with Solar-Storm colorscheme so im gonna change to catppuccin mocha lavender with Nordzy-Icons Purple-Dark

I call it EOSppuccin :nerd_face:

12 Likes

Back on Awesome

7 Likes

A lot of Screenshots

https://guidebookgallery.org/screenshots

:nerd_face: :magic_wand:

3 Likes