Share Your Desktop

I have been following a Twitter account which posted all sorts of artsy pictures, every now and then there were some which I grabbed as background or looked for the original high resolution one. I switched to the Fediverse in the meantime and can’t remember the account I am afraid.

Here’s a similar one :slight_smile:

Can I add a second one? Yes, worked…

10 Likes

Here’s a couple of good places to look and get some ideas.I blame @sgs I got into themeing because of his wallpapers well and @lunix lol. He’d post one then I would theme around it. Now I am kind of addicted to it :joy:

https://www.deviantart.com/

2 Likes

Deviantart was great until they changed it to an www.artstation.com knockoff… Now I can’t find anything there anymore… :frowning:

wallhaven.cc is great, but mind the NSFW stuff.

Bildschirmfoto_2020-02-21_21-50-57

6 Likes

Out in the boat!

Screenshot_20200221_212543

10 Likes

Modified a previous post to make the panel icons and gtk apps more elgant

6 Likes

@BONK
Thanks a lot for showing me few things with Plasma. I’m starting to like it more and more as i get used to it. I was and am a big fan of Cinnamon but this is good. It’s very fluid and fast. I have been jumping back & forth but now i will stay with this for a while and see where it goes.

3 Likes

Feel free to ask me anything about plasma too. I may be a Linux noob but I’ve been playing around with plasma settings daily for months and have learned a lot

1 Like

Awesome … I see your desktops too, Nice!
Edit: What icon theme is that then. It’s somewhat of an orange tinge?

2 Likes

Those icons are Arc Darkest Tangerine Suru

Actually the guy who created them, RTL88 had a bunch of awesome icons and gtk themes

2 Likes

Cool Icon-Theme from where do you have it? I cant find it, i use Xfce, is this only for KDE :thinking:

2 Likes

@BONK
What is Excalibur menu? How do you load that? I just want to look at it. So is this the theme i see in Discover?

1 Like

It is considered a widget. So right click menu bar and select add widgets. Then search excalibur. Once added right click the “start” button and choose show alternatives.
2020-02-22_12-07

Strange…it’s not coming up?

Edit: Is it this?

3 Likes

Try here: https://www.pling.com/p/1303003

1 Like

Sorry you are right. You need to download it then select get new widgets at the bottom of add widgets and then install from local file :yum:

I actually just checked and you can also get it by selecting get new widgets/download new widgets and then search for it and install. The first way has two different files to down load. I used: org.kde.plasma.excalibur_p59+p511.plasmoid

1 Like

Actually found it for you :grinning:

3 Likes

Not going to replublish (again) the basic vanilla setup. Been running it since last install last… thursday?
I am just completely out of inspiration right now and can’t come up with anything I haven’t done before.

mjx

11 Likes

Taking gnome out for a walk…

Screenshot from 2020-02-23 17-45-32Screenshot from 2020-02-24 18-42-30Screenshot from 2020-02-24 19-29-44

10 Likes