Share Your Desktop

No, you didn’t :wink:

1 Like

6 Likes

@r0ckhopper

Excellent work there! :+1:

1 Like

Definitely the second one. The first one looks badass, but the background (with the smoke and fire) looks a bit “messy.” The second one is perfect.

The wallpaper seems really compatible with the icon’s color scheme.

@joekamprad
Love it! :+1: :+1: :+1:

I don’t know why, but I find simplistic and clean designs extremely appealing. Like you, I’ve decided to stick with i3bar + i3blocks in my own set up. What’s your opinion on polybar? I know a lot of people use it.

Here is my set-up.

9 Likes

polybar?
nice color fit :wink:
I do not need these features of polybar and as you can see i3bar can look very “candy”
It is 100 times more useful compared to most DEs panels and can be used as your workflow needs it showing exactly the info you need.

Working over here on some polybar changes too.

its still not ready and also need to create a second bar for the eDP screen off my laptop, this screenshot is from the bigscreen my tv the orange color is by the way a workspace with a window open :slight_smile:

9 Likes

11 Likes

very nice. what editor are you using and also theme, I like to use them too. thank you

I got bored and installed Zorin. This is Gnome done right!

2 Likes

Zorin OS is a nice set up, I’ve played with it some and it seems like it would be a good first distro for someone moving from Windoze. It is worth noting that even their latest 16.2 release is still on a combination of Gnome 3.36 and 3.38 (though Zorin has done a lot of their own customization).

1 Like

No! Mine is! :wink: :smile:

1 Like

Can I have the link for the wallpaper?

look KDE clone . that why you like i guess :blush:

nice space-cowboy shoes :star_struck: :rocket: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Looks inspired by :rofl:

Prefer the real gnome :wink:

2 Likes

For a fraction of a second, I thought it was KDE :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I just wish they Gnome would pick an extension and run with it. I don’t like their desktop and the way it works. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: Budgie’s better!

2 Likes

Windows 95 had some nice instruction windows on how to use the desktop. Gnome has that too btw :grin:

Just click on the start button and search programs.

I think my next weekend project is to config KDE like win95 :face_with_spiral_eyes: just for old times sake.