Share Your Desktop

It’s one of the finalists from KDE’s 5.18 wallpaper contest (I like it better than the winner tbh).

Whoops, I must have used screenfetch before logging out and back in. It’s Surfn Breeze Dark, which is available in the AUR or “get new icons” in the settings.

Edit: Updated the screenshot to include the correct screenfetch.

That wallpaper goes good with the Sweet theme

5 Likes

Looks pretty nice. :+1: There are a lot of Cyberpunk’ish rices on Reddit with the sweet theme and colorful wallpapers.
If your rig got the specs you can even create something like this (animated wallpaper):

Plasma

Screenshot_20200214_022145

7 Likes

Very nice and simple. Breeze theme i guess. Also can you share the wallpaper?

1 Like

Wallpaper is in configure desktop get new wallpapers in Plasma.

2 Likes

Very basic minimal install.

Screenshot_20200215_220700

9 Likes

Minimal enough that I had to zoom in on the image to be sure it wasn’t Xfce. :blush:

1 Like

Another Plasma try …

Screenshot_20200216_023909

7 Likes

That’s pretty cool. I have an I5 cpu with 8gb of Ram so I think it would use up too many resources

Edit: Just set it up like that and my CPU was up over 60% just displaying the wallpaper. Not for this laptop lol

1 Like

7 Likes

6 Likes

This is really nice. Can you share? I like the Tela Icons in Blue which have a purple hue.

Screenshot_20200218_122434

6 Likes

The icons are Abyss-DEEP-suru

The wallpaper is one called “two trees” that I found from the configure desktop settings - download new wallpapers

I’m using a global Sweet theme with Kvantum (Sweet transparent toolbar), and Oxygen windows decorations

2 Likes

I like KDE sometimes more then i3wm :wink: :slight_smile:

image1415

9 Likes

New apartment, new desk, new PC case, old DE. Went back to KDE now that my computer is no longer in the livingroon connected to a TV.

GNOME kinda grew on me and I haven’t uninstalled it yet, but KDE is just much better with settings, customisation and workflow. I do miss the activity view for switching between windows.Screenshot_20200219_002814

7 Likes

I just wish I could make mine look like that. I don’t know much about conky’s and I can’t do graphics art stuff. :joy_cat:

1 Like

I do not know much about operating systems, and much more.
But I keep forgetting that I know everything :wink: :slight_smile:

I’m now at an age when everything in life has been done, unfortunately I can’t remember everything.

Pick a wallpaper. I’ll theme plasma based off of it and then post a how to here :grinning:

1 Like

@ricklinux, you could easily make Conky yours here then you modify your conky file like you want

3 Likes