Share Your Desktop

No matter what I’ve tried visually so far, Plasma in the bright default with this background image is always what I come back to.

Screenshot_20220408_180720

6 Likes

how do i get the openbox taskbar to be minimalistic?

1 Like

I case you missed them there were a few more Apollo themed wallpapers added to the community folder, use the welcome app to grab them!

13 Likes

Openbox is only a window manager. If you want a taskbar you must use one of the *bars: Tint2, polybar, lemonbar, even conky with dzen2 etc. The most common are tint2 and polybar.
You can find configs/themes and choose the one you like. Later you can learn how to customize them the way you want.
A few links: tint2 themes, polybar themes, more tint2 themes

5 Likes

2022-04-09-15:10:04-screenshot
I would remove the polybar too if I didn’t need to keep track of time. I just like using all the space that is available to me :slight_smile:

i3 with polybar. Terminal is alacritty and file manager is nemo

10 Likes

I was looking a way to auto hide the polybar. Maybe i will try this one, found it yesterday.

2 Likes

Maybe I can try this, too. Thanks!

2 Likes

New wallpaper, bigger monitor and some tweaks on my dsp config file

Edit: i re-uploaded the first screenshot, i had added way too much opacity on the dock and i fixed that making it a bit more opaque but still translucent !

10 Likes

nice but way too bright for me

3 Likes

yes i thought of using a darker wallpaper but i cound’t find the one i wanted, i might replace it right away if i find it!

2 Likes

with a bit of transparency (if possible) that would look really awesome, this is just my opinion though
(still lovr it0

1 Like

i keep thing simple (X86 on 2015 Macbook Air )

( i recreated old wallpaper i see on web )

simple-xfce

simple-xfce+bar

11 Likes

Been trying to reproduce this look for ages… share your secrets!

1 Like

Take a look here:

3 Likes

I did see that (cool that you made it!) but I wasn’t able to get the widget style or the bar to look as nice. I definitely will try again though.

1 Like

you need to create a folder named “dsp” in home > .config and place the “dsp.conf” text file there

2 Likes

Style project is alive?! Used to work on it with TheRealRob (very small help by me, he made all of it) something like 10y ago. I was under the impression that it was dead but seems that I’m wrong (gladly I must add, it’s a very wonderful protect)

here something very old!
Man my english was very bad at the time! :scream:

3 Likes

mxl21-plasma-1

mxl21-plasma-2

MX Linux 21 with KDE Plasma

13 Likes

Fresh installation with xfce. I played a little bit, I made a theme to remember the old days, and now back to openbox.

Screenshot_2022-04-10_18-12-28

20 Likes

Openbox had “open”-ed vivid possibilities out of the “box” for you. :hugs:

2 Likes