Share Your Desktop

What terminal are you using? I thought base Cinnamon terminal doesn’t do transparency.

It’s tilda terminal.

Cinnamon uses the Gnome terminal. You can replace it outright with the gnome-terminal-transparency package from the AUR which is the patched version from (Ubuntu or PopOS? don’t remember which).

2 Likes

While this is my completely no nonsense computer. I think a little transparency would be nice.

@csteinforth I don’t know I’ve ever looked at tilda before. I’ll definitely check it out as well.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your new machine! :ok_hand:

12 cores can be seen there ???

I keep everything very clean!

Xfce with slightly fixed panels. I went bright theme this time. So tired of dark themes.

Hey all. New in here!

28 Likes

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Welcome !!

1 Like

I love the clean aesthetics.

Welcome, BTW. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome! :smile:

Nice Nordic snowy feel to it! :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone who welcomed me <3

A nice forum!

2 Likes

I get that way too, but 10 minutes of use reminds my eyes of why I default to dark… :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

It’s the opposite for me. I get sore eyes with a dark theme. Hard to read white text against black.

I used to think it was less than optimum, but age seems to change that! Dark needn’t be oppressive though… I’ll pop a couple of looks on in a minute… :grin:

1 Like

Apparently from a pure contrast perspective the easiest to read text is yellow on very dark brown or black.
So right back to the late 70s early 80s? :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t think I looked back QUITE that far to set this one up - but it could be. I could do the colours on the Amiga - but not the resolution!

It’s an Arch build - but EnOS is similar with some red-shift :grin:

13 Likes

Here is my desktop. I like to keep it clean and hide the taskbar. Basically just a clean wallpaper without any icons.

8 Likes

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Thanks Elloquin

1 Like

Welcome a EOS !!!

2 Likes