Server migration order plan 30 July

The plan for tomorrow is that we start migrating in this order:

1. The mirror
  2. EndeavourOS website
  3. Discovery website
  4. The forum

For those who are living in Australia, Asia and Europe, the forum will be available for a large part of the day on the current server. I will give you a sign when the forum is going down.

13 Likes

Does this only concern the server of the forum or does it also have any influence on a current online installation? I want to install a computer with the online version of EOS today.

The transition will start tomorrow (Thursday 30 July) around 10:00 in the morning CET.

That would be 02:00 in the morning here. Works for me!

Pudge

2 Likes

I wish you success!

4 Likes

Good luck with transition. Endeavour team:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Here is to short-lived 404 errors!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Good luck!

1 Like

I want to install EndeavourOS in the morning tomorrow. Will this impact my installation or am I safe?

If Xfce, no
other yes. maybe :wink:

1 Like

Allright, thanks. Going to do the online one so will do it later in the day. :slight_smile:

No, it won’t.

We will migrate the mirror “master server” (that’s the server where the mirrors get the updates from), not the mirrors the users connect to.
So if everything goes as I planned, users will be able to use the mirrors as normal.

I will especially keep an eye on my mirror (mirror.alpix.eu) to ensure that the packages are available all the time.
So if you have problems, just comment the other EOS mirror out and use that one.

6 Likes

Thanks for the answer, I am finished with the installation anyway. Everything in the green area :+1:

3 Likes

I woke up early. Installation done as well!

4 Likes