Refreshed EndeavourOS ISO released

Originally published at: https://endeavouros.com/news/refreshed-endeavouros-iso-released/

Penguin%20antactica

Today we released a refreshed ISO, this release is a brushed up version of our October release.

With this release, we addressed the problem with Kalu when updating after install. That’s why we removed Kalu and replaced it with our in-house EndeavourOS update-notifier.

This release also ships with:

• Linux kernel 5.4.1
  • Firefox 70.0.1-3
  • Mesa 19.2.6-1
  • Systemd 243.162-2

The observant reader might have noticed that we didn’t call it the December release. We’re still working on the December release, this interim release is just to address the Kalu problem.

You can download the ISO over here.

8 Likes

French translation? Done: Lancement d'une ISO EndeavourOS rafraîchie

1 Like

@FredBezies il est plus rapide que moi sur ce coup là ! :rocket:
I use the last update from EnOS and when I installed mesa-demos to check the Mesa version :

sudo pacman -S mesa-demos
glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version"

I got Mesa version 19.2.7 (I saw an update Mesa today) :

OpenGL version string: 4.3 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 19.2.7

And for Kernel in Screenfetch I got :

Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.4.1-arch1-1

Concerning the December release, is there anything that can be said of the netinstaller? Will it be released this month even as an alpha/caveat emptor version or is the support availability still so dire that it won’t happen this month even as a cavear emptor? Appreciate the all the work done thus far! :slight_smile:

It’s hard to say, December is a busy month for all of us, so I’m not going to make a promise we can’t deliver… :wink:

1 Like