Question marks instead of cyrillic letters under Proton

Still trying :slight_smile:

Cuz I can’t launch steam without proxy (i dunno why maybe i’ll create a topic related to this problem)

And I need to rebuild proxy app because of update

Rebuild didn’t work at all

Hmmm, reading through this wondering have you requested any help from Steam/Valve to see if is maybe an issue they can help with? I know they may not be able to but it might be worth asking at least to see, worst they can say is no (probably)

1 Like

No I didn’t try to request any help from Valve’s support. Maybe I should give it a try

2 Likes

Worth a shot, like I said worst they can say really is they can’t help you
EDIT, just note they can take a while to get back to you

I found out that steam giving fontconfig warnings in terminal. Maybe that the problem

1 Like

It may be, though I have no where near enough technical knowledge to say it is. All I know fit almost certainly seems to be something to do with fonts.

What proxy app? :thinking:

nekoray

Yeah likely it can be the issue, i have none of those (duo-lang myself)

No idea what that is (i’ve looked it up, but…) is this some kind of asian language input helper?
Could it be an issue?

Or it’s just like VPN gui or something?

looked up about this problem. It has nothing to do with my issue

1 Like

Still weird why you have it and i don’t.

Its not asian input helper :laughing:

1 Like

Among us did not work for me either (all my chat messages in cyrilic were shown as question marks ‘?’), but after I’ve re-generated the locale with locale-gen, and added this to launch options in steam, it finally worked

HOST_LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 HOST_LC_ALL=ru_RU.UTF-8 %command%

3 Likes

It worked! Thank you very much!

1 Like

Awesome to see someone was able to help, hope you enjoy your game

1 Like

It sucks that one has to explicitly specify it…I hope it will be fixed by Steam in future to auto-detect

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.