Qt applications

hello friends a question for what can I use the applications qt assistant, qt designer, qt linguist, qt qdbus viewer, I really do not use them but I do not know if uninstalling them damages the system, I use xfce

Welcome :slight_smile:

Thing is, those programs are part of qt framework / build system, it’s pretty hard to remove them unless your system is qt-free which is possible, but not easy (that’s KDE Plasma speaking in me :laughing: )!

You can remove qt all together, if you can realistically get rid of all programs / pacakges listed in “Required by” section of this command:

pacman -Qi qt5-base

P.S. Actually by default EndeavourOS XFCE seems to be qt-free, so you must have installed something you need that use qt which you’ll find out with that pacman command :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Arch doesn’t split packages so there’s no way to remove only specific components.

There’s normally a menu editor for your DE - you can use that to hide any unwanted applications.

Welcome aboard! :smile:

Could you show the output of command:

pacman -Qs qt

Program pactree can show which packages depend on given package, e.g.

pactree -r eos-bash-shared

what will be

Both only in AUR there is original alacarte in the repo but it is not 100% good on XFCE4

Welcome to the community :beers: