Problems to boot Windows

bill gate to hell

Which Windows was preinstalled on your machine at the factory? Have you tried Rufus on another Windows machine?

https://rufus.ie

My friend, your logic is very strange to me, if I had access to another Windows machine I would not be trying to install Windows on Linux. Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would tend to believe what it says…that a media driver is missing. Could it be something that was originally OEM-installed?

Or…I have you tried the woeusb-git from the AUR? I recall that one worked and the other didn’t. But that was a while back.

I do know this: woeusb-git worked for me less than a week ago. I’m replying to you from within Windows Pro Build 2004 created from it.

I have already seen that when the factory preinstalled Windows was removed from the recovery partition, it could no longer be installed afterwards. Just for clarification. So the error message you mentioned appears after you boot from the Windows installation flash drive? Of course, there is an obvious solution. Install Windows on the formatted disk first, and then the Linux distributions you are using. It is obviously worth saving important data before.

1 Like