Power monitor widget

how to enable power monitor widget .

i installed plasmoid and after restart still 0.0W
how to fix?

If you’re running on AC then it will show the battery as drawing 0W. Otherwise,

This implies you don’t have battery reporting.

1 Like

i have laptop with battery and Charger adapter already plugin , but why i am getting error?

Let me try again.

If your laptop is charging then the battery will not have power drain. This means that the applet will not show a value for the battery. Try unplugging the laptop.

If you do not have a directory under /sys/class/power_supply/BAT[i]/ then the applet will not work. [i] here means a number, you can do

ls -l /sys/class/power_supply/

to see what batteries you have.

1 Like
[nahian@nahian-pc ~]$ ls -l /sys/class/power_supply/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 31 17:31 ACAD -> ../../devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/device:29/ACPI0003:00/power_supply/ACAD
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 31 17:31 BAT1 -> ../../devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/device:29/PNP0C0A:00/power_supply/BAT1

yes i don’t have a directory

You do have a “battery” directory:

What is the output of

cat /sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/current_now

?

[nahian@nahian-pc ~]$ cat /sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/current_now

What output do you get from the same command if you unplug the charger?

[nahian@nahian-pc ~]$ cat /sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/current_now

What number does the widget show when the laptop is unplugged?

15-14W , when i plugin charger its 2-3W

So it is working?

yes after plug out its working with charger plugin , but my laptop battery dies when i was a windows user XD. but after plugin charger why its right now 3.1W ? its not going to up like 5W or 10W

The number for charging is the power used to charge the battery. Because the battery is nearly full it is drawing little power from the charger.

okay thanks for helping me, my laptop charger all time plugin so can i boost my laptop performance? in windows 10 i can change power option like balance to high power for boost performance , so in EOS can i do that?

It is automatic - when on charger you get best performance.

it stops again , any other way to watch with my charger plugin?

Yes, because the battery is charged.

What do you want to see?

how much W is using my laptop , with full battery charged

One of the worst things you can do for your battery is to have it plugged in at 100% forever. It destroys it very quickly.

Also - what in the world is a “Windows user XD”??? I’ve never heard of such thing.

1 Like