[POLL] Sports Talk - Who's playing and what are you watching?

RED WINGS HOCKEY ALL THE WAY! most bad ass sport evah <3 during the spring i like baseball though, it’s alright. I still root from the Lions cuz I am from Michigan. I am certain this is their year. LOL

So, this is going to be a hard conversation to have with you. . . . hahahahahahahahaha

Oy, That’s tough. I never really got into hockey. I loved playing hockey growing up, but I can’t stand the fighting. If fighting ever went away in hockey I’d be infinitely more interested in watching it.

1 Like

LOL, that is kool. I suppose I understand that. :slight_smile:

Tampa Bay - now 13-1. Good job Blue Jays! Now - can they get them again? They always seem to have a shot at it, they have the number 1,2 and 3 hitters in their top 4 most nights (Go BO).

:grin:

I’m going to watch the NBA playoffs right now. Interestingly, I completely missed watching NHL regular season games this year, even though I also like hockey. In addition, I also watch the top European football leagues. (English, German, Spanish, Italian) In addition, if I can, I also watch the ATP 1000 tennis tournaments. For my part, I like hiking, walking, throwing baskets, and don’t forget swimming. I think that’s about it.

LOL your team aren’t as great as they think they are. :confused:

Well the moment Margot made “baserunning blunder”, although it was a natural reaction, I felt Rays were finally going to lose. After that too many things happened so that there wouldn’t have been that bunch of runs and lucky moment like in other games.

I’m not a fan of any of the teams but LOL, only because Jays handed Rays the first defeat… let’s see if Jays are as good on the road, and a little bit later dealing with Yankees, another team that won’t make the World Series this year, or ever again I hope.

I don’t believe in home-field advantage in baseball. 2019 World Series won’t be the last case of Lady Baseball being different from other sports.

It sucked Detroit stopped making the playoffs every year. The “realignment” of NHL must have worked against them, eg. while they were at it there was no such thing as Vegas Golden Knights.

This is their first time at home - they opened with 10 on the road :grin:

There is no way to know how good they’ll be this early - but stopping a huge streak is always good… :grin:

I admit I liked the Blue Jays during 2015 for example, while they had Donaldson, Encarnacion, Jose Bautista, Marcus Stroman, Marco Estrada etc. Great hitting team and easily beat Yankees over and over. What a shame where I lived they (television) kept emphasizing the fight Bautista had with Odor, the two years of Division Series with Texas Rangers were classics I say. Especially that game and the 14-inning one, I think was the first one they played. :wink:

Poor Odor - there he was being lauded for losing his cool (and mind) when all he wanted was to forget it! I guess he had it rough (ned) growing up…

This edition of the Jays should be better than 2015 - much more rounded team, not just a big helping of mashers. Check in after 40 or 50 games, and we’ll have some idea…

i remember that when they used to make the playoffs every year, that was awesome. ahhh… nostalgia

The AL East needs to be spliit up, all 4 teams could make the playoffs jsut about every year.

Well - Tampa Bay is now 13-2. The blue Jays are doing OK, with those results with their number 4 and 5 starters…

Of course, that’s only 1 game up on NYY, but it is 2nd in the AL East for now…

it's too early to gloat, that'll have to wait for September

There’s like 150 games left to go. It gets cold in Toronto pretty early some years

I’ll have updates tomorrow. I’m planning on having expensive beer watching the dodgers live.

Gloat while you can!!

Where do you guys watch NBA? ESPN? I am tempted to check out the playoffs.

I haven’t watched basketball since the time Michael Jordan, Barcley, and Shaquille O’Neil played lol…

I really like basketball, maybe even more than football. In the eighties, I started watching the American college basketball championship, then the Lakers-Celtics rivalry in the NBA with Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. I first saw Michael Jordan play at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. He has already done amazing things there at the Olympics. I’ve always been a Los Angeles fan. I wasn’t happy when Detroit won the championship. Then I followed Jordan’s most successful years throughout the nineties. After that, I enjoyed Kobe Bryant’s game and, of course, Shaquille O’Neal’s as well. Lately, I like the play of the Golden State Warriors since winning their first championship. Steph Curry’s game is simple but very effective, even his defense has improved. Together with Klay Thompson, they make a good pair. I respect Lebron James’ career, but he is not my favorite player.

1 Like

It’s funny, Europeans consider American basketball players amazing, but many Americans are amused more by the European players. Take it from me. Otherwise NBA causes boredom to me. When I was teenager I had a book that detailed a few amazing moments early in history such as Bob Cousy doing everything to drive Celtics through a four-overtime win, Wilt Chamberlain scoring 100 points in a single game, then later traded to 76ers and changed his playing style to drive them past the Celtics, and much more. I learned a lot including vocabulary from that book LOL.

Saw Cubs at Dodgers last night. LOL Bellinger getting booed because he caught Heyward’s high fly. It was nice to see the two young guys Outman and Vargas highly responsible for the stealing win. :wink:

They better win today. I’ve never gone to a game and the dodgers have lost, and today better not be the first.

The players were seen as superstars in Europe, we mostly got to know the player names via playstation or maybe Sega/Nintendo and magazines in the early 90s :grin: Same for NHL.

In the rare occasion I watch an NBA game I have to mute the television. Because I can’t stand the inability by the commentators to pronounce some people’s surnames. That said, I’m not sure how to pronounce the name of #77 on the Dallas Mavericks. It’s “Luka this, Luka that” otherwise. Is he your next-door neighbor, and is this your private program? Otherwise please use surnames.

Also from the press and the ones having to do play-by-play for baseball, the nicknames of some of the MLB teams such as “Halos” for Los Angeles Angels. LOL New York Yankees are known as “Mulos” in some Spanish-speaking communities.

ROFL one of the local newspapers writing as headline, “Giannis Antetokounmpo killed in the final game” of the Milwaukee Bucks championship a short time ago. (That one is hard to spell without looking it up. Had only “mn” wrong before looking it up LOL.)